Stripes

Tuesday 19 June 2012
.... it's all getting a little out of hand.  I can't resist stripy clothing.  I have striped jumpers, striped tops, striped dresses, striped kids.  See!


George Dude & Ben Meister


And even the Grump Meister is finally conceding to the whole stripes thing.  He pointed at a stripy top the other day and said "Do you think that will suit me?" which has come on leaps and bounds from the days when he used to declare "stripes make me look fat". Infact the only living thing in my house not doing the stripes thing is the cat.


For some reason I really like buying stripes but that's not to say I want to wear them all the time - once or twice a week is okay otherwise stripes everyday would a dull girl make me.  Even if it is a classic. Anyway, I was going to say, as it's summer and everyone is blogging about their stripes - I thought I might as well join in.  I decided to have a nosey through my wardrobe (and the overflow boxes) to see how many garments of stripy clothing I actually own and the results are as follows... brace yourselves.


  • 6 x jersey long sleeve tops
  • 2 x t-shirts
  • 9 x jumpers
  • 3 x cardigans
  • 3 x dresses

Excuse 1.  Can I mention at this point that this collection has been amassed over a number of years before anyone starts wagging their fingers at me. I am 41 - I have time behind me.
Excuse 2.  I do look after my clothes so they tend to last quite well hence the fact they don't seem to wear out and why I have so many.  Even though 5 of the 6 jersey tops were (erm cough cough) bought this year, at least 3 of them were under £8 each.  So it's not that bad.
Excuse 3. The 9 jumpers.  I feel the cold ... a lot.


I did think about photographing them all but then decided I would be sectioned under the mental health act by Grump Meister for even considering such a thing and also the mere thought of having to get 23 items out, ironed and photographed - it all felt too much like an Ebay session about to happen.  But I did decide to photograph 5 jersey tops as they were obliging and folded quite neatly for my purpose. 


All nice and neat

All fall down (been round the kids too long)


And model 1 of them.


I forgot I was wearing the 6th one

So I really should stop buying stripes now shouldn't I?  Because there is no more room in my overfull wardrobe for any more stripes apart from any reddish/raspberry hued stripes and I don't know how I managed to make such an omission.  But don't worry, I'm on the case and these three are rather nice ....







So, any preferences any one? 

8 comments

  1. Oooh your boys are gorgeous. I have not preference I just love stripes and can't.stop.buying.them. Don't think I've ever managed to get mine that neat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww - thanks for the compliment on the boys - they scrub up okay under duress. And I am a bit sad like that about folding t-shirts - I do all the hubby's like that but I hang mine as I don't like creases down the front but it's okay for the hubs to have creases down his :o)

      Delete
  2. I'm terrible I love stripes too! Not good for my body shape but I can't resist a breton!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, there's just something about stripes isn't there? How are you getting on with your Boden Breton? Was it worth the wait then?

      Delete
  3. Your sons are so cute!! My little dudette wears mostly stripes. Thanks to her mom. Striped PJs, striped tunics, striped tees, striped dresses..... As for her mom, all of the above including striped underwear (shhh....)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really pleased to hear that little L wears stripes - kids look awesome in them. I see lots of girls in spots but not as many in stripes so she's way cool in my books! And I won't tell about the underwear!

      Delete
  4. Oh I love a stripe! Both on me, hubby and the littles (boy & girl). Great choices. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna, stripes are great aren't they? Thanks for dropping by - I've just been across to have a look at your blog and it looks like a great read so going to be catching up on your previous posts today when I get some time!

      Delete

Susie So So