Friday Five : 30th April 2021

Friday 30 April 2021

 

Quick Friday Five. Got to keep my hand in. 


Friday Five (1 of 5) Oysho


I love a little browse round the Oysho website. They do lovely pyjamas (I have a navy pinstripe flannel pair which are lush in the cold months) and I seem to have racked up a few of their dresses too  over time which I hadn't realised till now. I just had a nosey to see what was coming in for spring/summer and they are doing lovely stuff for energetic people who do things like yoga and running (not me) and pretty stuff for people who want to lounge looking all serene and stuff (me). Oh and there's a couple of nice dresses which caught my eye too. And guess what, Oysho are on to the fact that us ladies like our pockets in our dresses! Here's just a few of my favourite picks.






Quite a few picks actually as I got a bit carried away! 

The (1) Cotton Printed Dress is beautiful - lots of fabric in it and the pockets are a joy. The Indian block print is just perfect too. I know, I have it. It sold out once but they've restocked since. It does come up a little long on me (5ft 1'ish) but I'm a dab hand at taking up a hem these days so perfect for taller ladies too. 

I like the (3) smaller gingham check on this blouse which makes it less twee - perfect with a pair of black culottes and jeans or wear as a co-ord with the matching pants. I'm a bit rubbish with co-ords but when done right, they can look amazing on some people.

The (6) mauve co-ord set - imagine it with a golden tan when the sun finally plays ball!

The (13) green satin kaftan is such a beautiful shade. I've noticed that Oysho love their green satin dresses and have brought one out for the last three years in different styles. 

I can't swim and when presented with a swimming pool, I literally just put my toes in so it doesn't warrant a new swimsuit and my bikini days are well and truly over (you do you and I'll do me) but isn't that (9) green swimsuit just da bomb? And that (10) bikini is just too cute. Oh to be young again.

And I did order that pale blue sweatshirt (14) and it is the softest comfiest thing to put on but I didn't keep - it's just not quite the right shade of blue and kind of died on me but I did try hard to make it work but decided to be sensible and return. But if it's your blue - it's a good un.


Friday Five (2 of 5) Flip Flops


I have some little brown Havaiana flip flops. I've had them for years and decided that I wanted to wear them this summer so I got them out and tried them on and thought "They've shrunk!". Well actually, they were always just on the cusp as Havaianas do weird sizing. They do a size 35-36 which is a 3-4 UK size so I compared them to another pair of regular UK size 4 flip flops and the Havaianas definitely are much smaller. So I ordered the next size up 37-38 and they are way bigger. - too big if truth be told. Havaianas - why the weird sizing?


Friday Five (3 of 5) Italian Sausage Ragu


Italian Sausage Ragu (Anna's pic, not mine)


If you're in M&S Foodhall, pick up a couple of pack of their Italian Sausages because they are fab in this easy peasy AnnasFamilyKitchen recipe. It's easy peasy and I'm all about the easy peasy.


Friday Five (4 of 5) Loves Me A Pretty Blouse




It's white'ish, it's pretty. It's got a bit of embroidery, it's light and airy and it's also very me. If you like what you like, you like what you like and I like a pretty white blouse for the summer months. I don't buy much from Zara to be honest but it's a hard habit to break so I still look and then I end up with another pretty blouse. Ho Hum.

Friday Five (5 of 5) Upcycling


Upcycling!

The hubs took delivery of a load of Allstars Cricket kit for the local cricket club and was sorting it out when he asked did we have anything we could separate all the different types of balls in to. Why yes indeed - all my handbag bags! There's a reason why I keep everything for years and years! Eventually everything will have a use and purpose!

Post a Comment

Susie So So