Quick OOTD : 19/01/21 Got Dressed

Tuesday 19 January 2021

 


COS Jumper (old)
New Look Coat (old)
Uniqlo Scarf (n/a)
MiH Tomboy Jeans (old)
Golden Goose Mid Stars (old)


Seems to be all the rage these days - getting dressed to do the supermarket shop.


---------------------------

Nothing major about any of this but just wearing some good old basics which are serving me well. The only new additions in the last few months have been the scarf and the bag. The bag is the smaller version of the big tote I got the other year which I loved and when I saw the smaller one, I just waited and waited till I found it in the sale. I just find the shearling trim adds a bit of fun and interest. The scarf was a Uniqlo one, another little sale buy but has been one of my most used ones this winter - it's just the perfect, width, length and weight and provides that little hit of colour in a non in your face colour kind of way. You know what I mean.

Another colour on my radar - green. 



The M.Hulot Loe Bum bag was brought to my attention by Bean. She has the tan one and it looks beautiful.

Mittens - who wears mittens? I've always fancied a pair since I heard they keep your hands warmer than finger gloves. Is this true? Anyone know?

The green & brown, black Leon & Harper scarf - I just love a check scarf - I seem to have collected a few over the years. I do like this colourway as it's a little different with the brown tones but the black hauls it back on the contemporary side which you can pick out with other accessories.

The La Redoute jacket/coat I included as it's a similar weave and pattern to mine. Mine is an old one from New Look and is a bit of a favourite as it's a nice lighter coat and it's neutral tone lends itself to a lot.

And the other stripy Loewe scarf - I love! It's bright, it's cheery and it's modern. Just can't afford it. 😂

Last but not least - thought it would be nice to include some items from some smaller businesses - it's tough times at the moment.




8 comments

  1. I don't think we'll ever get dressed up again and take it for granted, will we? The highlight of my week is going to do with grocery shop too.
    I love your scarf, bag and coat! Gorgeous. I've got a thing about bumbags myself, so I love the little green one you linked to. Off to have a look now!
    Have a lovely day, Susie!
    Suzy Turner
    The Grey Brunette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzy. Thanks for dropping by. I think the pandemic has really changed everyone's perceptions of how to dress - I do miss dressing up a little smarter at times but I do relish being a total slob too with no one to witness the spectacle. And bum bags - love them. I have a few but the Mhulot one looks especially lovely. You have a great day Suzy. x

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! Thanks for the wee mention Sue, that was nice little surprise!
    I love the Loe Bag... and although I’m pleased I’ve gone for the neutral tan as “most versatile” I dithered for over a year before actually buying it because the Navy and Green were both calling me too!
    Think you’d rock the green version - and likely not use many other bags given daily Maggie Walks xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a great ambassador for the bag and M.Hulot - it looked fab on your on your IG post - got me scrolling across to check out the bags! I have to say the green one does appeal to me - it's strangely neutral in my world somehow. x

      Delete
  3. Yes, mittens definitely keep your fingers toastie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good to know - I did hear but wasn't sure if was true but Nic below has given the explaination below and it makes sense! x

      Delete
  4. Mittens do keep you warmer as the heat from your circulation in your fingers keep each other warm. When separated they don’t. Think of it as using someone to warm you up when you have hypothermia 😂 love the blog xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time to invest in some mittens then! I was hankering after a lovely pair in COS the other year but couldn't justify them at the time - I'm outdoors more now so I think it's time to investigate again! And thank you about the blog - it means a lot. x

      Delete

Susie So So