Friday Five : 22nd January 2021

Friday 22 January 2021

 Hello peeps. I'm still here and I'm as amazed as you. Shall we start?



Friday Five (1 of 5) Londoners in London


I mentioned on Instagram Stories just before Christmas that my favourite account at the time was parisiensinparis - it seems to be someone going around Paris taking candid shots of real life people wearing real clothes ... stylishly. Nothing posed or dressed up for IG. Well guess what? I've just found milanesiamilano - someone going around Milan taking candid shots of real life  people wearing real clothes .... stylishly. 


Someone in Milan looking cool.


And just for the hell of it, I wondered if there was someone going around London taking candid shots of real life  people wearing real clothes .... stylishly. Well look what I found -  londonersinlondon  !



Someone in London looking cool.

Not going to lie - the London account needs a bit of work. The pic above is one of the better pics done well and discreetly. On some of the pics, they've scrubbed the faces out to be assure anonymity but it just looks a little unprofesh in my opinion but it's early days. There's room for improvement but at least someone had the gumption to run with it. #harshbutfair


Friday Five (2 of 5) Lockdown Pasttimes


So remember when adult colouring in books were a bit of thing? I don't mean colouring books of people in the nuddy. You know, where they had intricate patterns and you had to very carefully colour in your lovely picture without going over the lines with your new pack of colouring pens bought specially? They were meant to be therapeutic. Well, I never liked them. Give me a numerical dot to dot any day instead. Speaking of which, I picked one up in the Pound Shop once and didn't pay that much attention to it until I had to occupy my youngest and his mate one morning and gave them a page each to complete out of the book. I was quite tickled when they gave me their pages back. It turned out my Extreme Dot to Dot Book was of Classic Pin Up Girls. Anyway, new thing on the block that I spotted on my Costco trip this week .... stickers!



 It's like doing a jigsaw without the pieces going everywhere! And you get a little masterpiece when you finish which you can frame as the pics look pretty cool. Suitable also for kids who have lots of tenacity and patience though if you're anything like me, you'll probably want to take over and do it yourself.


Friday Five (3 of 5) Scarfing Around


I've got a couple of Burberry cashmere scarves - this is not a humble brag or anything. I didn't buy any of them, I seem to have acquired them from other people over the years. But they've been due a clean for some time and I've been putting it off and as the dry cleaners weren't open, I took matters in to my own hands and bunged them in the washing machine on a cool wool wash at 20 degrees with a couple of jumpers and prayed. Well thankfully they didn't shrink or assume a boiled wool texture but they were a bit crumpled when they came out. I was worried that the creases would set in if I were to let them dry as they were and I wouldn't be able to get the scarves looking good again so what I did was lay them on the ironing boad whilst they were damp, smoothed them out and then lightly ran my iron over them, literally skimmimg the surface. There's no pressure applied here - it doesn't need it. All the proper Cashmere aficionados out there are now going 😱 but the idea was that the heat would relax the creases out. You could probably achieve with a steamer as well but I prefer to do it with an iron so I can lie it flat on the board as I "press". Then leave on a bannister to dry gently overnight.


I would never pick this colour for a scarf - it's a bit meh.

Anyway, they've turned out beautiful, they smell better and the wool even seems a little bouncier than before. Woohoo.


Friday Five (4 of 5) Inspired


I saved that outfit below that I spotted on the Studio Nicholson IG account. I just loved the colours and the shape. So I took the inspo and ran with it to COS and came across lots of lovely stuff.





I love that sweet little khaki lambswool jumper which is so perfect for these a-line/full shaped skirts which I love. Strangely drawn to the silver bag too - I'm just a closet magpie but it's a fab neutral too don't you think? And the colour of that skirt on the right - yum!

Friday Five (5 of 5) Not Proud


This home learning thing really brings it home how much you don't know these days or can't remember or just chose to forget. Anyway, when the youngest didn't understand something on his maths today, I offered to pay my eldest to tutor him. It was above the minimum wage so I think he did alright for half an hour's work.


--------------------------------

Last Note :


  • Weekly weigh in. I'm down another lb. Do the pot stirring happy dance.


Post a Comment

Susie So So