Favourite Friday - Primark Snakeskin Print Jeans

Friday 27 July 2012
In the spotlight this week, we have my Primark snakeskin print jeans.  A little bit of rock chick hotness in an otherwise quite suburban wardrobe.


Not bad for Primark ...

Surprisingly muted and subtle.

Doing one of my Tuesday morning browses through Primark last March, I spotted these snake print jeans.  They're not my usual thing, they're snakeskin print for a start but they were grey and so I fell for these .... hard.   There were just 2 pairs hanging on the rack and one was a pair of size 8 and one was a pair of size 14 .... none in my size so no jeans for me that day then. Arrrggh.  But they lingered on in my consciousness and so I scoured every Primark I came across in the vain hope that I would find a pair in my size ..... and I did!  My pair are a size 12 as these are of the extra skinny variety,  I needed to size up and squeeze in - but at least I didn't need to lie on the bed to fasten them so that's a bonus.  I understand that the general advice with skinny jeans is to buy them as tight as you can manage as they will give.  Mine don't.


They're strangely not in your face.  I remember telling my friend L that I had bought a pair of snake print jeans and she had that incredulous look that said "what are you thinking of" and "gone off the rails".  She took one look at them and said "err... they're not actually that bad".  She didn't actually say that they were that good either but that's by the by. They are actually quite muted and teamed with an oversized jumper and scarf, they don't scream rock chick at all.  Strange how I can make the coolest things look ... well normal and every day.  This is how I teamed them way back in April when it was still cold and scarf and boots were de rigeur (not mocking the weather at all much).


Amazing how not rock chick I look.

Due to the lack of give, I have to say that these are not my most comfy jeans (it's always a relief  to take them off afterwards) but they are the nicest pair of snakeskin print jeans I have seen and tried.  They were a pleasant £13 compared to the more expensive version done by J Brand which averages £145 (originally £290) depending on where you buy them from.  You can probably breathe in those though.  




So anyone rocking any snakeprint jeans out there or am I on my own on this Friday favourite?



14 comments

  1. I actually quite fancy a pair of those myself - good find! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try Sainsburys (yes - the supermarket) - they had a pair in there when I whizzed past the other week and they were more stretchy than mine which has got to be a bonus. Have fun camping!

      Delete
  2. Laughing as always! That should be your thing - taking the craziest stuff and making it look normal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strangely enough - I do seem to make funky stuff seem quite normal. Even my friends say that - should I take that as a compliment???

      Delete
  3. No snake print jeans, but I m still hooked on my super favorite Current Elliott grey leopard jeans ! Nice finding ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Current Elliott jeans look nice in the instagram shots that you've done. I've just gone for cheap and cheerful this time - not intentionally - I just saw them and liked them - for me, it was a lucky find which makes it all that much better.

      Delete
  4. I'd love a pair but feel I am too old. The print looks really subtle so they get the thumbs up from me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - subtle is the way to go for me as well. I was quite surprised when I took such a liking to them but I did take the labels off quite quickly to make sure I didn't change my mind as they are a bit off the beaten track for me. Probably why I like them all the more!

      Delete
  5. That's a very good find, Sue. I love the fact that the snakeskin print is quite subtle. I'd be happy to get a similar pair actually.
    I've seen the current elliot leopard print jeans (which are similar) discounted at Matches for £100. Beautiful, but I cannot bring myself to pay that money for snakeskin/leopard print jeans because I'm afraid I'll get tired of them soon.
    I might pop in in Primark over the next few days... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh don't go in especially to look for the jeans - I got them in March and they were probably the left overs from their winter season (I am so behind the times sometimes). However, they might have some leopard print ones in now if you fancy those!

      Delete
  6. I'm not any better, Sue. I'm always several steps behind the latest trend. I only just finally caved in and bought a pair of colored denim. Yes, I talked about it months ago. I love J Brands but I've tried on so many pairs and they just don't fit my rather pudgy self.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't believe you're pudgy at all. I only have one pair of coloured denims and one pair of print. That's enough for me. I've never been near a pair of J Brands. The most expensive pair I've tried on recently is a pair of Levis as I was intrigued by all these fits (bold curve, demi curve, slight curve) they had and wanted to see if it made a difference. Jury still out on them though.

      Delete
  7. No on your own they are fab and really subtle. Hope they do a version this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Preferably with a bit more stretch. One two three .... breathe in ....

      Delete

Susie So So