Everything Happens for a Reason ......

Thursday 26 July 2012
Remember the shenanigans with the Shadow bag which was too big for me.  Of course you do - I harped on long enough about it.  Don't worry - I didn't go and buy it again.  I persuaded myself to move on ..... to the Philo scarf instead. 


aka Shadow Scarf

I don't know what took me so long to click on to the fact that the bag and the scarf had the same print (blind springs to mind) but when the lights went on - it was like "Oooooooh" and then a big smile spread across my face because I can work this scarf even if I can't work the bag.


More shades of blue grey again!
My favourite colours.

I love it.  I'm happy as a happy shadow scarfed lady can be who couldn't have a shadow bag.  Everything happens for a reason and my reason for not having the bag was because I was destined for the scarf.  The colour is  described as a "lavender blue" with the dark grey/black shadow print being described as leopard on the shopping tag but it's the shadow scarf to me.    This is my new favourite scarf till ..... my next favourite scarf comes along.  


If you like it, it's available still on the Plumo website and there is an extra 20% off discount code FINALSALE which can be used till 31st July. 





13 comments

  1. Gosh it's lovely! I liked the bag, but I like this more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this scarf and it's a lovely big square in a soft washed cotton which makes it really wearable. Goes lovely with charcoal grey cashmere. What's not to love? I hope you are settling in and enjoying your new home.

      Delete
  2. It is lovely! I have a slight addiction to buying scarves too...that is when I'm not off buying candles:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was at a candle buying party (how suburban am I?) on Monday evening - you'd have loved it. I did choose some interestingly fragranced tea lights in "geranium and citronella" which I thought would work well in my downstairs kitchen/family room. Have you ever done a count of your scarves. I daren't. I might scare myself.

      Delete
  3. I loved the bag, but I love the scarf too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love both. If I ever see the bag at an unmissable price - I'm going to snap it up and then pay for it to be altered so it runs a little shorter. Good idea non?

      Delete
  4. Oh that's a great scarf. I can see you wearing it with many different outfits as the colours (and the print) mare very easy to match.
    I didn't know that Plumo website. Dangerous... particulary with the big discounts going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have some quirky stuff on there - a lot of their clothing have a folky feel but they have some nice shirt dresses and tee shirt dresses which I like the look of and which are quite wearable. 20% off - it's a good enabler isn't it?

      Delete
  5. this is gorgeous, the perfect size too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the big scarves but after seeing your Jack Wills pink silk floral scarf - I've opened my eyes a bit and now started looking at silk squares. I'm not looking at high end or anything, just something which works and appeals and just lighter for summer wearing.

      Delete
    2. They're really nifty, and perfect for summer (what there is of it), reduced now, too, i think! Good for doubling up as a headscarf as well...) The only issue I have is trying to tie them, I am much more at home with longer, skinny styles or thick, heavy ones. Must persevere!

      Delete
  6. I like the print. It's a bit of statement but still fairly neutral. They're great for summer over here. I find myself reaching for shawls these days rather than the silk 90cm scarves. More versatile for our crappy weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thing is definitely the big scarves - I find them easy to handle. But you are right, scarves seem to be a necessity here if only for keeping warm rather than simple adornment.

      Delete

Susie So So