Friday Five : 23 November 2018

Friday 23 November 2018


Did you bag anything in the lead up to Black Friday? I did. Will I keep it? Who knows?

Friday Five (1 of 5) Good Basics.


Well not strictly a Black Friday purchase, but I did utilise the recent 20% off M&S Family & Friends discount. I decided to go with a new black cashmere jumper and wanted a slouchy boyfriend fit so I sized up in one of the women's classic cashmere crew necks to a size 14 (I'm normally a 10). I wanted absolutely no cling to the old belly. The other purchase I made was a new pair of black skinny jeans. When it's winter, I prefer my jeans a bit neater and also never jet black. They have to have a slight fade to them and the M&S ones were perfect. I already have a Matalan check coat similar to the one above but thought I'd feature the M&S one as people often comment on mine and this looks a good dupe.  And I was thinking how I'd like to inject a little colour in to the sartorial proceedings by a jazzy blingy hat and an eye popping pink scarf. Because sometimes, just sometimes, I do take a walk on the pink side.

Friday Five (2 of 5) Portuguese Tarts.


Not my Pic. I ate them all before I took a pic. Source

I've got a thing for Portuguese tarts at the moment. I've had one a day for the past week. Sometimes I get them from Lidl (49p) and some times from the Co-op (about 80p) and there's not much between them apart from 30p. Are they good compared to the real thing? I don't know but for the time being, they're good enough for me.

Friday Five (3 of 5) Sezane Dupe

The real one.

Remember last year, I bought the above jumper from Sezane? Well Primark have bought out their dupe this year.

Primark Jumper (In store now)

I did a double take when I saw it and if I didn't already have one, I would have been delighted to nab this one. But because I have one, I can tell you what gives. On the Primark jumper, the fluffy finish is somewhat uneven (have a look on at the shoulders on the pic) but you might be able to be sort this out with a wool comb and for some reason, I really struggled with the fit on the shoulders - it didn't sit well on me. That aside - they really tried to do a good job for the price so if you want one and have time and patience - take a few of the same size in to the changing room to try to see which is the best one.

Friday Five (4 of 5) Second Time Around


I keep getting messages saying they missed that blooming ASOS leopard skirt as it sold out again. Well if you can't get the skirt, you could always go for the dress!

Friday Five (5 of 5) Black Boot Saga


I think the Office Armour boots are the ones. After trying 3385918757556 pairs of black boots and returning just about all of them, I think the Office ones are the ones ... for me. Not overly clompy and a little more refined and finished than some styles, they were also the most flattering on my leg. I actually bought them full price but have just packed them back up to return as I re-ordered them with the Black Friday discount. You can't blame me. You'd do the same.


Have a good weekend folks!


Post a Comment

Susie So So