Friday Five : 15 September 2017

Friday 15 September 2017


Hi! So I've not been around with one of these for a bit - but I'm back! For now.


Friday Five (1 of 5) Nice Smells


Aldi Room Diffusers (instore)

Ding! 

"Have you seen those Aldi room diffusers which look like the Jo Malone ones? my friend asked me. "It was in the Daily Mirror online!"

Err no. I don't read the Daily Mirror. But it was just the alert I needed to get on the case. And somehow I managed to get lucky and score the diffusers in the Lime Basil & Mandarin and the Pomegranate Noir. I found these on the regular household aisles rather than the Special Offer ones but if they've sold out or you just can't get hold of them this time, wait till the 19th when they are launching the Pear & Freesia room diffuser. I'll see you there.


Friday Five (2 of 5) Transition


Done vs Not Done



It's time to do the wardrobe switchover and it's been a bit of a slog doing it as I'm one of those people who also has to do all the de-pilling of past season jumpers so they are pristine again. It's a fact of life that most knitwear will pill to some degree whether they be acrylic or wool or cashmere. Chloegraceb on IG recommended the Philips GC026 Fabric Shaver a while back and so I bought one because I love stuff like that. I tend to use a razor on most knitwear but every now and then, it's not suitable for some types of knits. I tried it on one of my bobbly old cardis from last year and it seems to be doing the job. Some cheap knitwear I can let go but some of them if I like the style enough, I will give them a bit of TLC to bring them back to life.


Friday Five (3 of 5) Silver Boots


Boots on Screen - Other Stories A/W16
Boots on Rug - Primark A/W17 (instore)


On IG, Bean does a #Fridayfeet each Friday and last week she had a lovely pair of silver/pewter coloured pair of boots which I knew she had picked up early in the year in the &Other Stories sale. I wasn't after a pair then so didn't think anything of it till last Friday when I suddenly decided I needed a pair of silver/pewter boots like hers. Oh the power of the Gram! Well ... I found a pair of silver/pewter boots in Primarni almost identical to the ones Bean has. That's put a smile on my face and a spring in my step.


Friday Five (4 of 5) Jumper'round


From L to R - F&F, H&M, Tu, M&S (links below)


Jumper'round, jump up jump up jump down! (nice little earwig for you). So September arrived and along with it the order and purchase of a plethora of jumpers. I am currently shortlisting through these and even as I type this up I know which one of these hasn't made the cut. I'll keep you guessing.


From L to R.

Tesco F&F Embroidered Bishop Sleeve Jumper. I spotted this the other day whilst I was supposed to be doing a food shop. Obviously I couldn't resist a play and it was nicer than I thought and the sleeves were not too long. Quite an important thing if the sleeves are meant to be a feature otherwise it doesn't bother me too much as I shrug all my too long jumper sleeves up anyway. The wool is quite dense and very soft and it hangs really well. I looked better in an 8 than my regular size 10 and I think that's due to my lack of height more than anything. If you're taller, you can probably get away with your usual size.

H&M Green Alpaca Jumper. Yes I will look like the Jolly Green (mini) Giant in this big fluffy jumper but I don't care. I had my eye on it from the first time I saw it and eventually I hit the commit button. If you need me, I'll be the one roasting in the corner in the big green jumper.

Sainsburys Tu Cable Knit Jumper. Not the most exciting jumper on the block but you know what, those are the ones with some longevity. I tried this on and I grabbed a size 14 to get the slouch.




I asked the store to hold it for me and I'd be back for it a bit later and somehow they messed that up and let my jumper go. And it was the only size 14 in store. It's not a traditional Aran as it's actually a cotton blend so a little lighter and easier to look after - stick a heattech or heatgen vest on underneath and you're sorted for a little extra warmth. But for right now ... it's perfect.

Marks & Spencer Pearl Sleeve Jumper. Not my usual thing except it's grey. But for some strange reason I am extraordinarily drawn to the pearls and the balloon sleeves which have shape but not too much volume. All very wearable and the perfect evening going out jumper if that's your kind of thing. This is one to take in your regular size.


Friday Five (5 of 5) Navy Blue Furry Coat of Dreams




Anybody know when Whistles are doing their 20% discount code? I've just found my navy faux fur coat of dreams.



2 comments

  1. I need some budget room diffusers. We have a rather gorgeous (but pricey) culti one which lasts a good couple of years (it's massive) but I can't afford one for every room!
    Thank you for your lovely shout out - had 51 (if I counted correctly- started getting squiffy eyed) in the Friday feet gang today! Those boots are pretty much identical to the OS ones / such a great find!! 🙌🏻
    But... what happened with the Aran knit? Did you find one in the 14? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I'm glad you're doing the Friday Feet and not me. I'd get nothing done but good to hear so many people are picking up on it and joining in! And the "Jo Malone" diffusers I've had from Aldi have been good - enough for me to pick them up again.

      I'm going to order the Aran knit in to store. Sorted. x

      Delete

Susie So So