Friday Five : 13 Jan 2017

Friday 13 January 2017


Hello. Long time no blog. And Happy New Year (a bit belated, sorry). You know how it is, you descend in to the Christmas fug and normally resurface the other side of New Year all refreshed and raring to blog. Errr not me this year. The weather is a bit Les Mis and I'm wandering around in fifty shades of grey jumpers and Ugg boots. I look lovely. NOT. But it's time to revisit this space and ramble on again. What's on my mind and going on in my world?


Friday Five (1 of 5) Hyacinths


Last year, I spent a small fortune on hyacinths from Lidl. 
Shhh! Don't tell the hubs.


They make me happy and my house smell nice. Simple pleasures. The blue ones are the most highly scented in my experience. Last year, I bought them for about two months from Aldi - I could not get enough of them, that is until peony season started. But hyacinth season has begun again in ernest and I thought I'd kick off gently with my little pot of loveliness below from Tesco. Yes, you have to make the supermarket shop more fun with frivolous goodies. #thatwasntontheshoppinglistSue


These are going to be white ones.
They'd better be white ones!


Friday Five (2 of 5). No more Parka life.


My ever faithful Zara Parka


My Zara parka which I wholeheartedly love and have worn to death for the last three years is giving up on me. Or rather, the zip is playing up big time. I can do it up but I can't undo it again at the bottom so I have to hop out of it and wrestle with it for half an hour afterwards to unfasten it. It's also looking a little washed out and tired and I think it may be time for a new one. Unfortunately, I now have a bee in my bonnet about Woolrich parkas. If it wasn't for the fact that my niece has one of these  holy grail parkas and she endorsed it saying it's the best thing ever and she has not regretted a single penny spent on it, I might have been happy with any other parka out there that the shops have to offer. But no. Now I want a Woolrich one and they cost the earth (lots of Ebaying about to ensue). And the one I want? The Woolrich DF arctic parka. Not too dissimilar to the one I already have and I've worked out that I have another five years of standing outside on a football pitch which means it works out pennies per wear. Err actually it will probably still be more like pounds per wear but fewer pounds per wear. #suemaths


Friday Five (3 of 5). Booty Call


Ugg Kristin Boots available here and here


I have two pairs of new boots unworn partly because of the bad weather. One pair is the Honey boots from Seven Boot Lane which I ordered when I won a voucher in an IG competition. The lovely thing about these is not only are they gorgeous boots but I like the little rubber spongey thing they include to help you clean up your suede boots. Little touches but little touches which make a difference. Oh and the Ugg boots which were on my Christmas list - I haven't worn those as I still haven't pulled my finger out and ordered myself some UGG protectant spray. All I have to do is pop a pack in the Amazon basket and hit buy. But it's such a boring purchase and there is always something else more interesting to pop in a basket isn't there than suede protectant? #getonwithitSue


Friday Five (4 of 5). TK Maxx


MiH Cell Top (this one in the sale is also very nice)


It has been duly noted by people that I love a pretty peasant top in the summer. And do you know what? They are right. I do and I especially love it if you bag one at a good price. Like an MiH one which was pretty spendy unless you find it online at TK Maxx. For the price of an M&S or Boden top, I get an MiH one. And for the record, they have been selling The Kooples and Levis 501 CTs along with MiH stuff just recently. The annoying thing is you can't just type in "kooples" and it will bring all their Kooples stock up - it only brings up a fraction of stuff so you still need to do a bit of searching. Just like in store! :) But you also have to be quick - I bought my top last thing at night and they were all sold out by the morning before I even had time to blog it. So apologies, I just wasn't as fast at blogging as the people out there buying. #SeekandSueshallfind


Friday Five (5 of 5). No MoJo


I seem to have lost my fashion mojo along with my waistline. Actually the waistline went last year sometime and still hasn't been spotted. Anyway, when I find my waistline and it stops blowing a hoolie out there, I may find my mojo and I may start taking OOTD photos again. #whoateallthepiesSuedid

In the meantime, I leave you with a picture of my cat Basil with a Christmas bow I stuck on his head because he hates me and I like to torment him.


Looks a bit like how I feel currently.



11 comments

  1. Hi Sue, good to have you back. ☺️ I'm sending you some virtual mojo's (not sweets, just good vibes! 😉) which you can put towards any aspect of your life you like 👊🏻 I was supposed to start the new year with a new blogging regime - a Sunday Seven edit all the new-in that week and then my usual mid-seeker: haven't managed either... I don't know what I'm doing really 😶🙃 Pretty, pretty top! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa there - how did you get all the faces! I love the faces in the comments! And yes, it's been hard shifting my backside back in to gear. I kept starting and then go off and do something like knit a hat. Yes really. But the longer you leave it, the harder it is to get back on it so here I am. I didn't set myself any blogging goals or regime - I knew I'd break them ;)

      Delete
  2. I don't know - the emoji's just work!! 🤓 I have a draft post but I get deflated about what my "purpose" for blogging is #confused 😖 I like to take my time to work things out. Well done on knitting a hat! #skills! I don't knit because it's the only time my ice cold hands get sweaty and then the wool /needles start squeaking which goes right through me 😶😘

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love blue hyacinths too (even had them in my wedding bouquet)! And yes, I am finding it very hard to do any outfit posts, my heart's not really in it. I think January is always such a hard month isn't it but simple pleasures help. And dressing up the cat of course. We need to grab that coffee in Leeds soon lady :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember you saying about the blue hyacinths before - I don't think I was even that aware of them when I got married. I was all about peonies and parrot tulips but none were in season for around my wedding. And we will grab that coffee as soon we can!

      Delete
  4. Hi Sue, not sure I commented before but i'm delighted you're back. I missed your dry humour and lovely updates. I'm trying to wean myself off toast & butter currently, its very hard! Like 3 slices when I come in after work, before dinner! Anyhooo, it is Monday, we can all start again. Have a great week. Audrey :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Audrey! (waves). Thank you for the lovely comment - it makes it so worthwhile receiving something like that to hear that someone still likes to check in on me. And I've done the toast and butter thing myself but I did it when I was in Upper school one Christmas. I was reading about Pongo in 101 Dalmations and there is a chapter called Hot Buttered Toast and after reading that, I made myself some. And then made myself some every day during the Christmas holidays till I returned back to school and someone remarked that I had put on some weight. Hmmph. I quit the buttered toast pretty pronto at that point! Anyway, have a lovely week Audrey! x

      Delete
  5. Check out Didrikson parkas, I can highly recommend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another one for the Didrikson! They must be good!

      Delete
  6. I am glad you are back as well!
    I love your "keeping-it-real" posts as opposed to blogs that seem to be merely written as a an excuse to promote freebies, and I like your estethics.
    So please, don't stop blogging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and thank you for that lovely comment and no I'm not going to stop blogging. I like popping in and out of here and maybe I'm not as frequent as I used to be but I think I'm known for if I have nothing to say, I just keep quiet. That's just the way I roll! Thank you again - it's comments like this which keep me going! x

      Delete

Susie So So