Life's Too Short for Boring Clothes ....

Sunday 27 March 2016


Gap Sweatshirt (similar here)
Very Metallic Skirt (similar here in bronze and here in silver which is very wearable)



... and metallic skirts are not just for Christmas right!?

I came across a look on Pinterest which I loved and thought "hey I can do that look" followed by "... if I had the guts". Because I am the proverbial little Miss Wallflower. I do my best not to stand out too much. But I parked the image in my brain and I thought I'd have a little Sunday fun to see what it would look and feel like in real life to wear. And do you know what ... it's more wearable than you think.




My skirt is gold with lots of black in it so it's not too in your face. Tempered down by the grey sweatshirt (the favourite mid grey cashmere crew neck is in the wash) and the Stans, I actually think I can do the school run in this. Do you dare me?

And the image which inspired this?




I think I'm just missing some cherry blossom to finish off the look don't you?

-------------------------------

Last Note :

  • Sometimes I have the clothes but I'm too lazy to ramp it up a notch - I really need to break out of this comfort zone every now and then.
  • This Reiss one is gorgeous and in the sale and is a pretty good dupe of the one in the Pinterest pic.







10 comments

  1. I absolutely agree with that statement Sue! I think you look amazing in your skirt and sweatshirt combo! How gorgeous is that Reiss skirt....I love the look and I may have to steal it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to parade in front of the hubs in it - that's a good sign if a look is doable. If he doesn't bat an eyelid, it's acceptable and mainstream.

      Delete
  2. Ha, you will never guess what I have just blogged about and have that exact pin in ..Spring inspo and how metallics arent just for Christmas, great minds eh?! But i really really do love a bit of gold any time of the year and you have styled up your skirt so perfectly, I love this look on you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gorgeous pin isn't it Frances? I really need to ramp up the effort a little instead of wearing everything with jeans. I am such a lazy moo. xxx

      Delete
  3. Oh yes, you so can do the school run in it. Love this look, now where can we get you some cherry blossom? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - where can we get some cherry blossom from? It seems to be all over and done with already around my parts!

      Delete
  4. Hi SusieSoSo! I've just read your post - we are skirt twins. Well kind of. I just bought a green one from Topshop yesterday. Looking forward to wearing it with my white Supergas. Thought I'd share - here's a link: http://www.topshop.com/en/tsuk/product/clothing-427/skirts-449/satin-pleat-ankle-grazer-skirt-5425705?bi=0&ps=20.
    I hope I can pull it off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I bet you can! That's a lovely shade and it will actually be much easier to wear than my gold one. Hope to see a picture of you in it sometime!

      Delete
  5. I have that problem of staying in my comfort zone - ALL the time! I can't help it. I want to change but always end up back in my jeans! I really need to kick myself in the arse and get it into gear! I love this skirt and really, really wish I had it in me to wear something like this!!!
    Suzy x
    www.suzyturner.com

    ReplyDelete

Susie So So