Uniqlo Heat Tech

Sunday 15 November 2015


I think someone up there controlling the weather just got the heating bill and switched the sun off. Brrrr! 


Zara parka (old), M&S Cashmere Jumper (old), H&M Pleather Leggings (old), 
Sorels (old), Uniqlo Extra Warm Heat Tech vest (old and not seen), Model (old)


I have to say this makes standing out there on a freezing cold Saturday morning watching your little beloveds play football, absolutely no fun whatsoever. So to "ease" the pain and the cold, I popped on my Uniqlo extra warm heat tech yesterday. I think they're brilliant and I got mine last year partly out of curiosity as I wanted to see what the difference was. This is the vest I now make a beeline for when there's a distinct chill factor in the air - icicles off the end of your nose are a good barometer. You will also notice the difference immediately when you get the extra warm version compared to the regular one as apart from being a fraction thicker, the inside of them is a slightly fleecy/almost brushed kind of texture which makes them very soft and cosy.

So ..... when it's a south easterly wind with light moderate showers, I would recommend regular heat tech.


And when it's a north easterly wind with heavy rain persisting, I would recommend extra warm heat tech. And throw in a Ultra Light Down jacket whilst you're there ;o)  




-------------------------------


Last Note :


  • The regular heat tech vests appear to be on offer at the moment and are down from £12.90 to £9.90.


14 comments

  1. +1 for the Extra Warm versions (I've got the turtlenecks from last year.) they're opaque and I use them like tops. I layer the crewneck version under my running tops for winter and stay comfortably toasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're just so light and easy to wear aren't they? I've layered just a regular one under a jumper today so it means I don't need the heating on during the day - the Grumps will be pleased :)

      Delete
  2. You are not old but you do make me laugh. I love the Uniqlo heat tech range and buy loads of vests and long johns, for our ski trips, for the whole family. You look like one hot mamma to me. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I have days where I feel every bit my age Helen. I think mine will be on constant rotation from now till March - brr.

      Delete
  3. I need a nice parka coat in my life! Love yours. Jane xx

    http://arthursmum.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh everyone needs a nice parka. I honestly don't know how I would have managed without the one that I have and to think I nearly thought about returning it at one point as I was trying to be good about how many coats I had. But it has been my most used coat for the last couple of years - it's earned it's keep!

      Delete
  4. I am now joining the rugby/football/Tennis Mums that stand around the edge of the pitch freezing..I am getting me one of those heat tech tops..thanks for the tip off! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How have you managed for so long Frances - oh yes, you're allowed the heating on :)

      And doesn't it get cold just standing around out there?

      Delete
  5. If we are in for the freezing Winter we have been forecast I will be in need of these pronto! I love Uniqlo and I've heard so many good comments about the heat tech that I know they would be a worthy investment! Fab post Sue! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you not tried them yet Michelle! You must - they're life changing. Okay, a slight exaggeration there, they are life changing ... for me!

      Delete
  6. I think there's nothing worse than feeling cold especially if your not moving around i.e. on a sports field....I need to invest in some new thermal layers (so glam!!) these sound great and such a good price too Sue!
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a thermal vest too but I find those "pill" and feel bulkier. I just like something thin which tucks in to the old jean tops nicely so there are no drafts - we don't like drafts!

      Delete
  7. Oh yes uniqlo heattech and down jacket kept me toasty warm in -17 in NYC last Feb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could have done with both when I visited NYC years ago but at least I'll know for next time!

      Delete

Susie So So