Furry

Sunday 8 November 2015


It's getting a bit nippy these days isn't it. I was thinking I might break out a fur stole over the next few weeks for some alternative neck candy. I have a couple but the ones which have caught my eye are the ones which are a little bit more fun than the regular beige, brown, grey natural toned ones. I'm liking the ones on the street stylers.


(I love love this picture! She's wearing a grey jumper and jeans for goodness sake albeit with fab neck adornment!)


Source : The Frugality (Ahead of her time as usual)






Aren't they fun and fabulous? So it wasn't surprising when this lovely faux fur number jumped right out at me in good old Toppers the other day when I was passing through.



What a statement piece for £32! I need this like I need a hole in my head but then again what does need have to do with anything when it's as fab as this? I'm thinking this one through but only because ....





I also spotted this one online! Navy and khaki! What a delicious combination! But it looks like it might come down to my toes! :(




And it's not just Toppers who are giving good game with the old furry stuff, Reiss have some lovely numbers - a little more pricey but I reckon you get what you pay for :




The colour combination is more subtle here but still looks contemporary with the burgundy stripe detailing. Very wearable and not too in your face for those who don't like to shout "I'm HERE!!"

But for street sass, you need this one with the electric cobalt blue stripe :




And navy and black is one of my favourite combinations which Ted Baker have pulled off beautifully. I can see this slotting in really well against my extensive collection of navy, black and grey jumpers I have.




Charlotte Simone does some beautiful ones and this blue and white faux fur stripe is really eye catching (thank you Chloe for alerting me to this beauty). If you want to see more colour combinations, have a look on the actual website but make sure you know that you are clicking on the faux fur as opposed to the real fur options!




But let's bring the prices back down again to my level ;o) And this one is really striking from River Island. It says it's lilac but it looks very grey to me with only just the merest hint of lilac. The colour combination is lovely.




And look how sharp this green is against the black. Just makes it so much more modern doesn't it?



And you can make a statement from a single block colour scarf if the contrasting stripes are too much. This is the really subtle way to do it but sit this teal on a grey or navy coat - beautiful! Same applies to this lovely burgundy Jigsaw one found here.



But I have to end on this one as I love the colours on this. From Helen Moore's Mod Collection.


 


What do you think? A bit too much? The fur tippet is enough really isn't it?




So anyone out there going for a brave new furry world?




25 comments

  1. I don't have one but if I were to buy one it would definitely be a neutral one as I'm not brace enough for colour! Did you buy one? Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if I'm going back for one - I'm going for the Topshop one - I love the colours on that - they're my colours. Along with the Helen Moore Britannia - I love the Mod feel to that. But I'm surprised to hear that you don't actually have one Lynne - I could totally see you in a more natural hued one.

      Delete
  2. Love that last one! One of my favourite searches on Asos when I'm killing time is "fur"...

    Unfortunately living in a mountain village I'd stick out wearing a colored faux-fur scarf, but as soon as I move back to an urban environment (fingers crossed) I'll definitely get myself one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'd stick out a bit but not in a too in your face one unless I was going for something along the lines of Orville green. And then there might be some raised eyebrows.

      And I think last year was the year of the faux fur for coats - there's not as many this year to pick from I think.

      Delete
  3. Oh perfect timing Sue.....I am struggling a bit as to what to put on my Christmas list! I LOVE the Helen Moore Britannia one! My wardrobe could definitely do with a bit of fun!! Pretty please Santa! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Means your wardrobe is in a good place if you have nothing for your Christmas list. The Helen Moore one is pretty cool - I could see you pulling that one off no problem.

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for the mention, Sue! I am still loving brightly coloured faux fur - adds a bit of something to a plain outfit. I was the The Spirit of Christmas fair on Friday and was really surprised that the real fur stalls were the busiest ones, which just shocks me as faux is far cheaper, much more ethical and the quality is so good these days there really is no need...anyway, loving the post, as usual x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you're most welcome. Do you know, that's really interesting to find that people are still interested in the real stuff. The faux varieties have been so good over the last few years and I'm really liking the fun element of the coloured ones too. It's taken me a little while to get there but I can appreciate how they add a little something extra to an outfit.

      Delete
    2. That surprises me too - I thought most people were anti fur... Although I found a full-length fur coat in a closing-down fancy dress shop near me in Brighton for £25... I was tempted but just couldn't do it.

      Delete
  5. Omg I bloody love these! Isn't that first image just so fun?! It makes me smile! I love the TopShop one Sue - it would be perfect with my leather jacket! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which one of your leather jackets Joanna? ;o)

      The first Topshop one is such a statement though isn't it. I might just have to go back for it. It's the kind of thing that makes me smile and then makes me think have I got the guts to go on the school run with it.

      Delete
  6. Sue I love these, that long Topshop one is going on my Xmas list now! I don't care if it ends up as a floor sweeper!!
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the navy and khaki together look amazing - I'm sure floor sweeper chic is in for winter anyway!

      Delete
  7. Well I bloody love that Reiss one with the blue stripe, but I'm definitely verging into hole in head territory by even considering another scarf (even if I call it a stole and try to justify it as something I don't already have...) Despite your list of alternatives, I still prefer the first one on you, although I could totally see you in the Helen Moore. Do it, do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, you are a terrible enabler but I don't think it would take much to convince me anyway - I do love that first Toppers one. I kept going back to it. And are you sure you don't need a stole seeing as you don't have one? ;o)

      Delete
  8. I actually wasn't that fussed about them - until I saw that burgundy one on you. You have to get it, it looks gorgeous! I really like the River Island one the best for me, I'm going to have to give it a whirl although I'm just not sure it will work well in my wardrobe. Oh well, will just have to buy another coat to go with it......x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it depends on your colouring as to what you suit and what you would normally gravitate towards - might be worth swinging past to see what it's like in real life? And if you love it, buy a coat to go with it :)

      Delete
  9. I wasn't loving these til the River Island one. Gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another one for the River Island one. That's the softest coloured one but the orange certainly gives it a little bit of oomph doesn't it?

      Delete
  10. Thanks so much for including me Sue! I confess I have a faux fur scarf section in my wardrobe - they're such an easy way to make a simple outfit look super glam! You've found some great ones here- perhaps my stash needs another one! Ha! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah you were one of the first ladies I thought of when I was thinking furry fun scarves - that Erica will have one somewhere ;o) How was I to know you have a whole section dedicated to them. I have a few but all fairly neutral - I think it might be time to be brave and go colourful.

      Delete
  11. Hi Sue - I love this entertaining and well-researched post. I'm pleased you posted the photo of Julia Sarr-Jamois sporting my usual grey jumper and jeans outfit choice - now I know to just add an 'out there' accessory to liven things up/change the mood. It's a v New Yorky thing to do, as well. Although I have big, unruly hair so I have to watch it when it comes to accessories and prints - unless I like the human Christmas tree look. You, on the other hand, will definitely rock it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have big unruly hair ... what kind of hair does Julia Sarr-Jamois have? I think you can work this!

      And isn't it a lovely outfit - so very wearable. I need some colourful shoes too it would appear :o?

      Delete
  12. Your jeans and shoes, love love love :) not too sure about the furry scarfs, I'm sure they look good on the right person but not sure I could pull it off! Jane x

    http://arthursmum.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not for everyone admittedly - it depends on how much you want to stand out. I'm a bit chicken but I think I might just get away with it. I never used to worry when I was younger that's the thing - what happened to make me so conservative?

      Delete

Susie So So