True Blue

Wednesday 15 July 2015


I saw this skirt in H&M a few weeks back and I loved the shape of it and the fabric. It's a cotton linen mix, has pockets and is the most wonderful bright summer blue. It reminded me of the kind of skirt which you would find in Toast but five times cheaper. I bought it :o)


And then whilst browsing the Mango site the other day, this little blouse which I've had my eye on for some time finally went in the sale. I bought that too :o)





The top is a lovely over dyed blue cotton with nice cutwork details. If you're brave or brazen, just a good bra underneath will suffice but if not and you're modest and nesh - a little cami/vest top would do just nicely. Besides which, if you raise your arms up, your belly will be saying "hello world".

I thought it might be fun to try the top with the blue skirt for a real true blue look. It might work wonderfully, then again, it might not, either way, I lose nothing as they are good standalone items - the top would be fab with a pair of white denim shorts to offset the blue, the skirt actually looks lovely with a pale blue shirt tucked in. But it doesn't hurt to experiment a little. So I did and together I think it has a whiff of Anthropologie about it.



Mango blouse, H&M Skirt, Primark Sandals


So, it's not one of my usual looks - it's quite girly for me but sometimes you have to experiment a little. 


-------------------------------


Last Note :


  • I'm normally a size 10 but sized up to a 12 in the skirt as the waistband felt a little snug #whoateallthepies
  • The skirt keeps selling out online but they seem to restock. There seemed to be plenty in store though which is where I found mine.
  • The blouse is a size 10 / medium in Mango sizing and fits me comfortably and true to size. 
  • I have to say when the top arrived along with two other tops, it looked like the most least likely thing I would be keeping. It looked rather huge and shapeless - don't give up at that point. Pop it on, arrange a little, sort out the neckline and it should all fall in to place lovely. The other two tops which I had high hopes for - I'm returning.






16 comments

  1. So pretty! Sue, you're getting girlier as time goes on ... next thing it will be a full on pink outfit :) Really love that top though ... and am forever amused by the word nesh!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen, I'd wear an all pink outfit just for you if I had one!

      Delete
  2. Very pretty, that Mango blue top ....... gorgeous .... how did I miss that one! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not white Annmarie - that's how! I know what you're like with your little white tops.

      Delete
  3. I am really feeling the skirt love this season and I adore this combo......so pretty! Lovely to see you in something completely different! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle. It feels a little strange and I have't worn it out like this yet. I wore the blue top today but with a dark denim mini - a bit less flounce!

      Delete
  4. Loving the blue. Both items will look great with white as you say. Love them. Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very easy to pair with white Lynne! A classic combination if ever there was one!

      Delete
  5. Just yes Sue, yes. I love this look on you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Donna. I hardly recognise myself you know!

      Delete
  6. Love this Sue, two great finds, I love that shade of blue x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely shade of blue ... basically denim type shades which I always seem to gravitate towards. But blues are always perfect for summer - very fresh and clean.

      Delete
  7. Oh, really lovely - I so love blue! I have worn loads of it this summer, it is so easy and practically a neutral. Both the skirt and the top are a really gorgeous colour. One of my best sale buys this summer is a faded denim blue peasant top and I have worn it loads, I can't really justify another, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh well it's good to hear that you love the one that you got - sometimes you don't need another. But funny how that doesn't work with pretty white tops for me. I can always buy another!

      Delete
  8. This is such a cute but timeless skirt. It had caught my eyes as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a pretty top Sue! x

    ReplyDelete

Susie So So