Green

Thursday 25 June 2015


I woke up this morning, peeked out of the window and the skies were blue. Dress day! Half an hour later, I opened the door to go out  ... and the sun had disappeared. Thank you sun - you had me there! There's just something about me getting my legs out which prompts the sun to disappear. #notfair

Anyway, it's day 25 of the #mystylephotochallenge and the theme is green. And to fit in with the theme of the day, my dress was actually the green Whistles Ailsa dress which I bought last year.



Whistles Ailsa Dress (old), Denim Jacket (old), House of Harlow Sandals (unavailable), Enny Bag (Ebay)


The dress is quite a stonking green. It's electric. But I love it. And I have a friend who loves it too as she asked where it was from and nodded when I said it was Whistles. She said, it looks expensive - the cut, colour and fabric set it apart from the usual high street offerings. And I wanted to hug her at that point. I love my high street bargains but sometimes it's nice to treat yourself to something a little more expensive (this was cheap by Whistles standards) which you really love. Oh and it is as wooshy as it comes. Honestly speaking - it would make a fab maternity dress. I needed the denim jacket to bring the shape of the dress in a little and to stop me taking off should a sudden gust of wind decide to whip up it and send me in to the neighbour's garden. I know I've also said previously, that I don't do denim jackets but this dress needed something and besides (1) the sun went in (2) I needed something to cover my arms and (3) I am also impossibly nesh. So out came the very old unloved denim jacket. Which I love a little today. Okay, that's stretching it a bit, I "like" a little bit more today than other days if I'm being really truthful.

However, I do love my dress, I do love my sandals and I do love the Enny bag. More items which "spark joy", so three out of four ain't bad?

------------------------------

Last Note :

  • The House of Harlow sandals are lovely but if you tie the ties in a bow, they keep coming undone so I've counteracted this problem by doing knots instead and I've stuck the tassels at the back today so they don't break the line of the leg too much #shortlegs
  • The above came as a result of trying to tie my laces the other week when they came undone. I misjudged a very low ledge which I was going to sit on and actually fell backwards in to a bush. A little old lady walked past and peered in at me and said "I only thought that happened to people of my age". #truestory #notcool #learnfromyourmistakes #itsgoodtoshare




9 comments

  1. I love this dress Sue! As I said on your Insta feed Whistles don't seem to make these style of dresses anymore.....I really wish they did as a couple I bought in the past have been such great investments as years later I still bring them out every Summer!
    I bet you still managed to look cool falling off a ledge and into a bush......I suspect you were superbly dressed whilst doing so! ;0) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No - they've moved away from some of the more easy going styles and everything seems more work orientated or for going out. A little too structured for general day to day wear. And the prices ... they have rocketed!

      And it was after I left you in York - I was near the train station, bent down to fasten my laces and back I went! Really really not cool!

      Delete
  2. A perfect, perfect shade of green Sue. Love it all x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww - I love it when you comment when I'm wearing a colour - I just like that little bit of reassurance that I got it right as you are the colour guru!

      Delete
  3. Love your falling into a bush story! The dress looks ace, and I think you look great in a denim jacket. Why don't you like them? I too am so over leaving the house dressed for one weather system, and ending up in an entirely different one by the time we get to school... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always feel a little butch in a denim jacket - I don't know what it is about them. This isn't the perfect one but I'm reluctant to spend any more money on one seeing as how I'm quite half hearted about them. But strangely enough, it works with this dress. Mind you it was cool in the morning and in the 20's by the afternoon. #hotandbothered

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful dress - looks lovely on you...and thank you for the laugh out loud at your falling backwards story :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the uncoolest person ever Avril! I am that person that it happens to.

      Delete
  5. I love it, Sue. Colour too! Wow! Perfect with the denim jacket. This is one of my favourite go to looks in summer. Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete

Susie So So