CDG Play

Wednesday 24 June 2015



Photo taken by Helen


Like a lot of people out there - I like a stripy top. I don't wear them much in the winter - big knits prevail - but when the buds appear on the trees and everything turns a little green, I start pulling out the stripy tops.

This CDG Play one which I got a few years back is a favourite. And it's all because of that cheeky little heart face. For some reason, it perks up this top, lends it a little bit of cool and and I feel a little funkier. I like my other stripy tops too, they all have their own merits but this one is a little more special. As Marie Kondo would say, this "sparks joy".

Infact it sparks enough joy for me to think about saving up for another one. I quite fancy a black and white one next :) It might take me a while ... they're not the cheapest stripy top on the block but they are certainly amongst the funkiest.


------------------------------

Last note : 

  • Strange but true but when Coggles existed as a real shop in York, the CDG tops were not allowed to be taken in to the changing rooms to be tried on incase they were damaged in any way. You could take in more expensive designer items but not the CDG tops. 
  • Mine is a size small and fits neat. There isn't much spare room. I might size up to a medium next time ... when I get round to saving up for it.
  • CDG Play stripe tops are available here and here.
  • Do you have a certain something in your wardrobe which "sparks joy"?





11 comments

  1. Gorgeous picture of you Sue, haven't you got lovely lips. Anyway, I always admire that top on you and it may just be added to my wish list as I do like a stripy top with a difference. I like strange but true stories..... i wonder was it the fear of make up transfer, due to the high neckline??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you AnnMarie. Joanna always mentions my lips too - I think they must be one of my good features :)

      And yes, another stripy top to add to your collection though your Chinti & Parker one is lovely.

      Delete
  2. Lovely photo. I've discovered that my peep toe boots 'spark joy'. Both pairs! When I put them on again last month for the first time in months and months, I just felt ridiculously happy :) Perhaps there's more truth than we think in what Marie Kondo says!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, there is something about certain things you own which "spark joy". I don't think you can have everything doing that as some things need to be more on the practical side but if it does spark joy as well - bonus!

      Delete
  3. Fab photo of you, Sue, and I love your top too - very you! Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynne. Its a favourite - I always feel nice in it. x

      Delete
  4. I soooo want a CDG stripe top! I definitely think I would be feeling the joy if I owned one of these. It's on my birthday wishlist....too bad I will have to wait until October but it will be worth it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine was a birthday present! Put it on your list! But which colour?

      Delete
  5. Sparking joy is such a great philosophy to have in all parts of your life but especially with what you wear! I know if I had an 'oh so'cool CDG stripe top I would be a very happy bunny! Love your photo too Sue!
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen. Helen from FashionFortyish took the camera from me and took a few snaps. Usually I'm gurning or something but I look normal in this one! I should get her to photograph me more :)

      Delete
  6. It's a lovely top Sue, and I think although it's more than you might normally pay, the quality really shows. I think if I were to play word association, the word 'Breton' would probably make me come up with 'Susie So So' - it's a style that's so you! xx

    ReplyDelete

Susie So So