A Good Buy

Friday 26 June 2015



Zara Linen Top, Susie Ho Bracelet


Yup, it's another pretty white top but it is the season of the pretty white top so that's my excuse. Remember that I bought a cream colour cutwork top from Zara early on the season here? I kept it for ages and never wore it. I kept passing it over and eventually I went back to Zara and asked if I could exchange it for something else given that I'd lost the receipt by then or rather I'd thrown it away thinking that I was going to wear it. So I exchanged it for the number above. 

It's 100% linen, loose cut, not see through, pretty and comfortable. And the white is more flattering on my skin tone than the yellowy cream of the previous one. A winner. Yup it creases a little around the hem where you naturally bend but I don't mind that - linen is supposed to crease! 

..... And I've worn it three times in the two weeks I've had it and that's almost unheard of. Result!


Zara Linen Top, New Look Jeans, House of Harlow Sandals.

Photo Credit : Michelle


-------------------------------

Last note :

  • The top is now in the Zara sale. Size down. I'm wearing a size small and there's still room.
  • I think it's my current favourite top to wear ... I've just stuck it in the wash again!




12 comments

  1. i give a thumbs up too. You did the right thing and exchanged the other one, if you try something on and then go for an old favourite you know it is only going to gather dust in your wardrobe. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There must have been something niggling me about the other one. Possibly the colour being a little too yellowy cream so I didn't feel it was quite right. But putting this one on, I just immediately felt more like me - it's a much more wearable top.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely top! You were right to change it for one you like better, I agree about the way linen creases I like it too. I prefer white to cream on me as well, it just suits me more.

    Your post on the starry sweatshirt from zalando really inspired me and I made a huge order (I had a voucher and it was the sale). A large parcel is awaiting returns though. I have kept a grey t-shirt with (also with stars on) and a pale blue chambray peasant blouse. Which I have already worn loads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the first one was really pretty and quite striking but I much preferred the second one as soon as I tried it on. I just felt very different in it and far more comfortable.

      And Zalando is quite a minefield to navigate unless you know what you want. I've only done the returns once and I thought the delivery guy had forgotten all about me and turned up a week late. Thank goodness, they give you so much time to make up your mind about something.

      Delete
  3. Oh Sue that top is gorgeous but is it any wonder it's in the sale when you look at the awful photos and styling on the Zara website - they need your pictures! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Avril - you're too kind! But it does kind of disappear amongst all the other Zara tops - it's not very noticeable is it? It's probably why I like it. It's pretty but unassuming in it's own way.

      Delete
  4. I really like this - looks great on you! I must have a look in Zara - it would make a change to wear something other than a tshirt! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm much better in woven tops but for general mucking around, you can't beat a tee you know!

      Delete
  5. Love that top Sue, I adore white tops in the summer but you are so right you have to shop around to get the right shade, so many are on the grey end of white and I love a crisp white! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love this top, Sue. Just perfect. I have more than a slight addiction to white tops and this one would fit perfectly into my wardrobe. You look fab in it. Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to say I love the thumbs-up pic!

    ReplyDelete

Susie So So