Ramblings

Friday 3 April 2015


Ramblings of a Woman with Hindsight
  • My recycling boxes blew away this week with the gales that hit the country on Tuesday. They are still missing. I should have put them in the garage as soon as the bin men had been. Hindsight is wonderful. Hmmm.

Ramblings of a Possessed Woman
  • I have some bad-ass Kitty shoes in my possession. When I look in the mirror, I look like I have demonic cats grinning at me. The insane part of me is rather tickled by them and the sane part of me thinks "send back the shoes".  Don't worry, I'm going to send back the shoes. I've exorcised the demonic cats from my system now. 


Ramblings of a Deluded Woman
  • This week I returned these sandals to Next. I thought they had a little bit of a 70s/80s Gucci vibe about them. That statement alone probably warrants the title "Ramblings of a Deluded Woman". These actually have a better Gucci vibe to them with the horsebit trim. Thanks Eve for putting me on the right track.

Ramblings of A Sensible Woman
  • I also returned a khaki belted jacket (not online) that I picked up from the H&M Conscious Collection. It's a nice enough jacket but in all reality - I'm not going to wear it. I have to belt it and I hate things which tie around my non existent waist. But at least I know that and I returned it.
H&M Conscious Jacket


Ramblings of an Addicted Woman
  • We are now in April. I have been living off avocados since January for breakfast. My name is Sue and I am an Avo Addict.
It's an avocado folks. From Sainsburys.


Ramblings of a Woman With Too Many Pretty Tops
  • I have a lot of pretty white tops. The New Look cami has to go back despite it being really pretty. I don't feel good in it :(

Ramblings of a Bored Woman
  • I had to go to PC World this week and it's a pretty boring place. I did get to play with some cameras and some hoovers and I amused myself by taking pictures of George in front of a huge TV screen like this ....
GET OUT OF THE WAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!


Ramblings of a Woman Who Doesn't Want to To Do It All
  • I can't bake, I don't bake and I don't want to bake. I have bought Ben's cake for his birthday this weekend. I can live with that. I'm not a woman who wants to do it all. I know my limitations!

Ramblings of a Woman Who Still Dresses Like A Student
  • Here's the evidence. 
I just need a few A4 files to complete the look.


Ramblings of a Cheap & Cheerful Woman

  • When I put the above picture out on Instagram, I had some comments on how healthy and shiny my hair looked. I think it's the first time I've conditioned it this year! And I used a conditioner I found in the Pound Shop. It obviously works.


Ramblings of an Impatient Woman

  • I painted my toes in OPI's Nein Nein Nein. It looked lovely but I ran out of my usual Sally Hansen topcoat and used some other stuff instead. I stuck my feet in my slippers not long after and it all smudged. NOT happy.

Ramblings of a Woman Embracing Easter

  • I'm all class I am. Last year, I saw lovely instagram pics of children carrying cute wicker baskets doing their Easter Egg hunts. I sent mine out with a Sainsbury carrier each. If they're lucky, I might upgrade them to Waitrose ones this year.
If you eat all these, you will feel sick.


And I think on that note, I should stop my rambly ramblings and wish you a Happy Easter instead!

Happy Easter!




22 comments

  1. You're the queen of sending stuff back. I'm actually envious. I can never quite bring myself to do it and there are some disasters lurking in my wardrobe. Maybe I need to pay you to make my shopping decisions for me.
    Still...baby steps. This year I've already returned the grand total of TWO items. Hooray!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just realised that this sounds the next chapter of the Queen of Returns - I obviously can't help myself!

      Delete
  2. We love avocados in our house too! My youngest would definitely live on them...

    I dress like a student too. I have been living in a parka in the cold, but pretending it's spring in converse and trainers. Those gale force winds meant it was definitely warm coat weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nobody has actually said to me that I dress like a student but having seen that picture and with the tote bag - I thought, I'm not far off really am I? And I was hoping that I'd done with the parka for the time being but last week, it really was needed like you said.

      BTW - avocados rule!

      Delete
  3. V funny Sue :-D That poor H&M jacket, I felt exactly like you did - it just wasn't right without being belted, and I would have felt as though I was wearing my coat indoors. Such a shame, it was exactly the right shade of khaki for me. I have lately also become an avocado addict. I used to think it was like eating soap, but I can now whip up a mean avocado and bacon salad. Yummy! Have a fabulous weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was too hard work was the jacket and I like easy clothes as I am quite lazy. If I have to fiddle with it or it's uncomfortable, it doesn't get worn. And it's strange, I was a bit meh with the old avocado before Christmas but then I saw all these interesting combinations on Instagram and I'm converted. I like a pinch of chilli powder on them too.

      Delete
  4. Keep the shoes Sue - they are fab! I agree about returning the cami though. You are very funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to keep the shoes but I can't justify them if I don't think I would wear them enough and I really don't think I would. But I needed them in front of me to make that decision. And the cami is going.

      Delete
  5. That pic of George is amazing....he looks like he's in the cartoon!
    Love the H&M jacket on you but if it ain't right then you'll never be happy so it will only end up sitting in the wardrobe being passed over for something else!
    How annoying is it when your nail varnish get's smudged! So frustrating!
    I am also a fellow avacado addict, I eat one everyday!
    I've just realised that I am also starting to ramble here too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You ramble away! Ha ha. It's quite easy to do isn't it. I think some people like to do a round up of their week and stuff but it's one of those things I don't do and I still haven't got in to the habit of doing a round up of outfits - I do things the once or twice and then lose interest.

      But yes, it's annoying about the jacket but hey ho, I've not mourned it's exclusion from my wardrobe. I also have a new varnish on which I really like and invested in a new Sally Hansen topcoat so the world is good and smudge free again. I didn't know you ate avocados too but then again it seems like avocados are taking over the world. Like I said above to Tanya - avocados rule! Or should that be avocados rock!??

      Delete
  6. Happy Easter to you too! I read this whilst smiling & eating an avocado on Ryvita!! You're not alone :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another avo lover. High five! Happy Easter to you Helen!

      Delete
  7. I love your ramblings Sue....really enjoyed reading them, made me smile! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks Sian - I hope you had a lovely Easter.

      Delete
  8. Sue, you are so funny! Love it!
    Those shoes are scary though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're demonic looking aren't they? Fantastic for Halloween though!

      Delete
  9. Love this Sue, there is nothing like a good old ramble every now and then.....Big avocado eater too, I do a cheats 'sort of' guacamole with sweet chilli sauce and a few chopped tomatoes thrown in, for a quick snack! Suffering with a white top addiction too! xx Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you're a white top and avocado eater. Cool. Me too!

      Delete
  10. Hahahaha, I love your ramblings :D I still think avocado tastes like soap, but I know it's good for me so I'll try it on toasted rye with fried eggs. Oh, and I don't like belted tops, either, even if I have a waist.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha love this, my too went out with carrier bags this year! Love those cat shoes, although I agree they do look a bit badass xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your ramblings are fun to read Sue! Hey that H&M jacket is rather awesome! I still haven't been to the store here, after complaining for years we haven't got one. It's a bit out of the way for me though, so weird it's not in the CBD.. grr. I love that specific OPI polish you have btw, such a perfect dark clean colour - one of my faves :) Avos are currently 89c each, I'm going to stock up tomorrow!

    steph / absolutely-fuzzy.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all of your ramblings! So glad you sent the demon cat pumps back as they are well freaky! Addicted to Avocado here too & I can't believe your bins blew away......go & nick your neighbours! x

    ReplyDelete

Susie So So