Friday Five : 13th April 2018

Friday 13 April 2018


Nearly the end of the Easter hols and I may be inwardly whooping with joy.

Friday Five (1 of 5) Big Buckles


I like big buckles and I cannot lie. Well I like the big buckles on the new Birkenstock Madrids. I've just spotted them and think they look a little cool. I like. I like a lot.

Friday Five (2 of 5) Feather Cushion Inners and Oil Cloths


Dunelm PVC Cloth (check instore but other designs here)

All the glamour. All the glamour for you guys. Cushion pads and table cloths. I haven't been in to an actual Dunelm for a few years but in the last month or so, I've been a few times - they do the exact size of feather cushion inner that I like. You should always get them a fraction bigger than the actual size of the cushion cover. So for a 40x40cm cushion, you need a 42x42cm cushion inner so you get extra plumpage. And I like feather as you can bouff them back in to shape a lot better than the foam filled ones which go really uneven and bumpy ... and flat. And the oilcloths from Dunelm? Well, they're a little Emma Bridgewater and Orla Kiely inspired don't you think? 

Friday Five (3 of 5) Hush Skirt


Well the Hush skirts came that I blogged about last week. The jolly green was a little jolly for me but I rather liked the paprika which felt very much like one of my colours. Infact the more I swished in it, the more I liked it and the pockets helped no end along with one of my favourite Pinterest pics. So I'm holding on to it for the time being.

Friday Five (4 of 5) Tassel Garlands.

So simple but so effective.

Whilst in Poundland, I spotted some packs of gold and silver tassel garlands and pompoms which I thought looked okay for any events or parties you might have coming up. I thought you could buy few packs of the garlands to group/weave together for quite a full on fancy effect or you could add your own colour ribbons and tags and tie those on to the main garland. Or if you just fancy being an early bird, I'd get along pronto and bag a few packs for your hallways and fireplaces and put them to one side as Christmas is only eight and a half months away. 

 
Available in store in Poundland

Friday Five (5 of 5) Chicken Dinner

My roast chicken pic was a bit rubbish so I "borrowed" a pic.

I sometimes do a roast chicken dinner on a Friday evening so I have left overs to go in a soup or anything else I want for the weekend. The only thing I hate ... working out the cooking times. If you get a chicken from one of the big supermarkets, they usually calculate the times for you and have it on the label. If you pop in to the butchers like I occasionally do, there's no helpful label but I have found a useful online cooking time calculator which helps enormously!  :)



Post a Comment

Susie So So