Friday Five : 06 October 2017

Friday 6 October 2017


Friday Five (1 of 5) The Colour Purple


& Other Stories Leo Jacquard Jumper (wearing a small here)


I've not been in & Other Stories for a while and the one in Leeds isn't huge actually, it carries a lot less stock than say the Manchester one which I visited earlier this year. And I shouldn't complain because at least we do actually have one in Leeds now but all the things you see on line? Can't find them. But I did find this black and purple leopard jumper which I was strangely taken with. It's a little bit punk isn't it and I am so not punky at all. Actually I don't think punky is a real word - the spellchecker is having a fight with me over it. Now I've bought it in the medium because I was thinking it might be nice a little slouchy but having looked online, the models wear it a bit neater. So now I might have to go back and swap it. Pfft.


Friday Five (2 of 5) Nanna




Heel Foam Cushions from Poundland (the glamour)


I'm such a nanna. As in Gra-nanna. And I prefer to have a little bit of cushioning in my shoes these days since I started with some heel pain which I mentioned some time back. It's almost gone now - something to do with me doing a lot less walking and I can manage my ballet flats again but I'm still a bit wary of exacerbating anything, so I found myself looking for things to cushion the impact of when my heels hit the floor. And I found these little cushion wedges in the pound shop. I just pop them in and they just take the edge off a little when I'm pounding pavements. I have fleecy insoles in some shoes and these wedges in others. Just so you know, you are highly unlikely to find them in my flat lays in general as they're not that aesthetically pleasing to the eye. But because we're friends, I thought I'd share. Just this time.


Friday Five (3 of 5) Jigsaw Outlet





Jigsaw is a little on the pricey side for my budget at full price but when the sales happen, you can nab a bargain or eight.

The pyjamas - these are £19! £19 I repeat. In a lovely soft grey melange yarn. Your winter nights just got that much cosier. And if you're not a pj girl - well think ahead to Christmas - present for anyone? I had to throw in that navy jumper too - a big cosy navy jumper just waiting to give you a big hug. It comes in at less than Topshop prices now that it's in the sale. And the belt - all those midi dresses which need a little definition around the middle - now isn't that a nice belt to do the job. You're welcome.


Friday Five (4 of 5) Sweatshirt 




I love a sweatshirt as you know but did you know I don't have a pink one. Do I need a pink one? Do I need that one up there? For the weekend? Mulling it over. Mulling it over. I don't really need one do I? But I don't have a pink one. Mulling, mulling, mulling. 


Friday Five (5 of 5) Mid Life Crisis




I bought some make up today. It's the first eyeliner I've bought in two years. Azure plum. I blame it on buying that purple leopard jumper.






3 comments

  1. You do need a pink sweat. #justsaying!
    Love that you bought a purple eyeliner too 🙌🏻😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's plum and more subtle than I thought it was going to be but it's not bad and it makes a change. And the pink sweatshirt? I'm still mourning the one that got away. I should have bought the Love Stories one with "Let's stay in bed" on it from a few years back. I've seen a few similar takes on it but I still want that one! x

      Delete
  2. I love that jacquard jumper. And those PJS!! Oh my!

    ReplyDelete

Susie So So