Friday Five : 26 May 2017

Friday 26 May 2017


I had a little break. Did you miss me? No? Oh. Serves me right for asking.

Friday Five (1 of 5) New Kicks



I bought mine from The Acey 
Also available at La Redoute with 40% off currently here. Use Code BIG40 


Well it's been raining so much up till this week that I haven't been able to wear my new Vejas and now it's too hot to put my feet in them. I can't win! I fancied a pair of canvas style pumps which weren't Converse and I wanted a slightly more European feel to them. I didn't want that sporty vibe which comes with the Adidas Stans and Superstars, I wanted to feel all minimal and APC, Sessun, Margaret Howell. You get the gist.


Friday Five (2 of 5) Vita 'Next' of Kin



Well not technically a Vita Kin top but it looks like a pretty good dupe doesn't it? Sometime's it pays to be a titch and find yourself looking through the kids section of Next to see what you can squeeze yourself in to. I've ordered an age 15 and 16 to compare. Bargain too! 

Friday Five (3 of 5) Vinegar


I did photograph a bottle of vinegar but I couldn't bring myself to post it.


I bought a top recently from Ebay and despite it being sold as NWOT (New Without Tags) it still had a whiff of perfume about it. I threw it in the washing machine with some towels and some distilled vinegar and voila at the end - no scent. I do this with towels every now and then to prevent that musty odour that can occur no matter how religious you are about washing and drying them. I just add the vinegar in to the fabric conditioner compartment so it goes through the final rinse. 


Friday Five (4 of 5) Espadrilles

Kate Moss for Topshop blouse (old but this one is also cute)


I already have a pair of bronze leather Gaimo espadrilles and I got them from TK Maxx a couple of years back. And I couldn't resist the above coral coloured pair when I spotted them online. I may have have done the happy dance when I found that they were the perfect colour to go with my little Kate Moss for Topshop top.


Friday Five (5 of 5) Jelly



Aldi Raspberry Jelly (all mine)


When I was pregnant the first time round, I had cravings for jelly and oranges. Not together though. I currently have a craving for Aldi's raspberry jelly which comes in a little pack of three. I buy them for the boys to have as pudding but keep conveniently forgetting to tell them and then I have to eat them myself. Can I repeat - I am NOT pregnant.


-------------------------------


Have a good bank holiday weekend y'all!



4 comments

  1. Our lovely British weather eh? Canvas pumps are probably not suited to it - ever... but we can't help but try when faced with beautiful veja ones! They're lush!

    And reading your Friday Five's are an education: I'm going to try the vinegar thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly the vinegar thing works. I first discovered it for the towels but thought it would probably work on regular clothing as well and it does! I remember one top I received and the perfume just wouldn't disappear - three washes later, I stuck it in with some vinegar and it was all sorted. I also hate strong perfume on clothes that people have tried on in stores. x

      Delete
  2. I have just bought a pair of Veja shoes ...I'm not a trainers girl so hoping that I get on with them ! The vinegar trick ...I'm so going to try that !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope the Vejas work for you. I really must get on with wearing mine, once I've christened them, I won't look back. And yes try the vinegar trick. It works. x

      Delete

Susie So So