Salmon & Coriander Dahl Curry
Well I don't often put a recipe out but here's one for you to try if you're a lazy cook like me. It's super easy peasy and I found it one day via Google from the BBC Good Food site when I hadn't done the shopping and I had a bunch of coriander in the fridge and a pack of salmon and I wasn't feeling particularly inspired and nor did I want to pop to the shops.
- 75g red lentils
- 400ml chicken stock
- 1 small onion (grated) I blitz in one of those chopper things as I am super lazy
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala, plus extra for the salmon
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (or more depending on tastebuds)
- 1 small bunch of coriander (chopped)
- couple of salmon fillets
- Put first seven ingredients (I love that bit) in a pan and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and cook for 20 mins until lentils are cooked.
- Stir in the coriander
- Rub salmon with garam masala and season with a little salt and pepper
- Cook for about 7-8 mins till just cooked. (I grill it).
- Break in to chunks and stir through the dahl.
- Serve with rice and anything else you like.
Last Note :
- What I love about this recipe is that it's so simple and makes a really good weekday dinner.
- The curry itself is not a hot one so children should be able to enjoy it - I just sprinkle extra chilli flakes in for the hubs after I dish out the boys' portions.
- Anyone got any really good simple recipes to share? I'm not a foodie so find it difficult to get inspired about cooking and I just want nice simple recipes which I can do in extra quick time.