Buffet Dress

Sunday 8 May 2016




Buffet dress. My term for dresses which have no discernible waist and let you eat all you like. I'm going to be living in them this summer. The one I have on above is one I picked up in February when it was freezing cold outside but I was thinking of warmer days ahead. Yes, I have a very active imagination and I had hope inside of me. Hope for a lovely long warm summer even though I'm a bit rubbish when it's too hot. I'm also rubbish when it's a bit too cold too. I like it just so. #awkwardbeggar

I had a few enquiries about the dress and if you'd like to know a little more, it's from La Redoute. I picked it up when it went in to their sale at the time and then I had another discount code on top of that and it came to not very much at all. However, it has now come back up to full price - but the code SUMMER25 or HEAT should get you 25% off. It's 100% viscose, feels quite light and when it arrives, it looks a little crumpled but it's the kind of viscose which when you give it an iron, the fabric hangs quite well and doesn't crease much after that. Strange but true. It's a generous fit and I did wonder whether I needed to size down but I decided to stick it in the wash and see what happened. It shrunk ... in length by about an inch which wasn't the plan but it still fits me fine. I just thought I'd tell you because that's how I am. Oh ... and I put on a slip underneath it. We don't want any Princess Di moments now do we?

Anyway, I've probably bored you now wittering about this dress and I will probably bore you with more buffet dresses in the months ahead. Ho hum.


Me - probably thinking about buffet dresses.




10 comments

  1. Love it Sue & even more that you bought it out of season for a snippet of the price - yay! My kind of shopping that is. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think what gets me is how they bounce the price right back up again and they've got another sale on and it's not in it. I don't compute.

      Delete
  2. I love this dress. Anything that allows me to eat my body weight in scones without splitting is a win. Going to stalk it on their site in the hope that it goes back into that sale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably worth doing. I don't understand how La Redoute work but one minute something is on sale, then there is a discount code, then everything is full price. I think I just got lucky! Good luck Louise!

      Delete
  3. Sue, what a great name 'Buffet Dress' is!...I'm sure that will be in print in all the glossies very soon! Great little dress and brilliant washing instructions too...something that's not always included on the label!
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Helen. I don't want to mislead anyone about the dress. Sometimes you can't tell people anything about the care of something because you've not actually worn it or had it long enough to pass judgement but I was able to this time. And buffet dress has a ring to it doesn't it?

      Delete
  4. The Buffet suits you! I too have bought a discounted - further discounted item from Laredoute then noticed it's gone back up to full shortly after: must be a nightmare keep the website updated! 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't keep up with what they do on that website. It's my first purchase from there. I ordered a few bits along with the dress but this was the one item I wanted to keep as I knew it was just a bob on and good to go dress.

      Delete
  5. I love the idea of a buffet dress! Perfect. I haven't bought from La Redoute for years, but I do remember lots of bargains, but you do have to search for them and the quality was variable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is definitely variable is the quality but having said that, I did buy a jumper which was not a La Redoute brand but by Vila (who made my other wonderful buffet dress) and the material on that was truly awful. Firestarter springs to mind!

      Delete

Susie So So