What If I Wore It The First Time

Thursday 7 April 2016


Prettywire Camisole, Primark Cardigan (instore)


So what if I did wear something like this the first time round. I'm going there again and why not when it's a trend as pretty as this?

I remember spending a lot of time hanging around M&S Lingerie in the nineties checking out their camisoles to pop under a jacket or cardigan for going out. This time round, there's no loitering around frilly knickers to search out the best lacy cami offerings - the shops are doing them as legit top wear.

My cami is from Prettywireshop - I ordered this online and prayed that I ordered the right thing (along with my pink jumper) after a stint with google translate on an accompanying window (my schoolgirl French didn't cut it). The cosy cardi? That's Primark's finest courtesy of the lovely Michelle who sourced one for me after I spotted it on her blog and IG feed. Thank you - mwah!

You guys don't need to pop up a google translate window to order any of these though :


New Look Lace Trim Cami



This one would look fab under a black biker jacket and black denim on an evening. Or a big slouchy grey cardi for daytime with black Converse. A real dress up, dress down piece.


Mango Blonde Lace Panel Top



A slightly less lingerie style cami top. This is a cotton blend and smacks of 99 Flake commercials. Which means it smacks of summer meadows and general prettiness. Worn with faded denim and tan sandals and you're good to go.


New Look Lace Trim Double Strap Top


This one is probably the most similar to mine and there are a few sizes left currently. They also do it in black. What are you waiting for? Go, go, go!



10 comments

  1. We have a new boutique in town, owned by a French girl who also has another in France. She stocks the most beautiful silk/silk lace camisoles made especially for her in slate greys, cafe au lait, apricot and pale silver. Needless to say, they ain't cheap but I did treat myself to one last week (to wear under tux blazer for MIL's birthday celebration). However, MIL's birthday celebration was in Ireland last weekend and just too bloody cold to wear it! It is hanging in the wardrobe now, awaiting warmer weather...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they sound lovely and that reminds me that I still have a cafe au lait silk one from Laura Ashley tucked away somewhere but I think it's a little snug now. But I know what you mean about it being a little bit cold at the moment to be wearing one out - I put mine on this morning and switched out of it not long later into a Uniqlo heat tech. Not quite the same ....

      Delete
  2. Would you recommend Pretty wire? Good quality? The camisole is beautiful on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually pleasantly surprised by what I received. I ordered a pink mohair jumper along with the camisole and the colour was much lovelier in real life than on the website. The prices are not much more than Topshop and I think are actually cheaper when you compare and the quality I would say is similar. The camisole was made quite nicely - the v is finished nicely and it seems to hang well. Would I order from them again - yes.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Sue! A new place for me to online shop...trouble :)

      Delete
  3. The pretty wire stuff looks great can you give any advice on how you found the sizing? Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The camisole is a size S/M and I am a size UK 10 and it fits nicely. It's lined so it's not too sheer too and because there is quite a nice expanse of lace, it looks really nice peeking out of a low cut cardigan or jumper. The jumper I got (a few blog posts back) is one sized and that is actually shorter than expected so may not be great if you are tall. The sleeves are shortish as well and whilst not a problem on me, may not be great for taller ladies again. Hope that helps Kerri.

      Delete
  4. Oh Sue....I'm going to need one of these cami's too! So pretty and it looks fab with the chunky knits doesn't it! Glad to be of service with the cardy....you are so welcome especially after all the dapping about you do for me! ;0) Big thank you backatcha!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lace trim cami is absolutely beautiful, I appreciate your sense of fashion.
    okmi

    ReplyDelete

Susie So So