Some things take a little while to filter in to my consciousness. Like the laced up neck jumper and tops which have been hanging around for the last year thanks to Ms Marant yet again working her fashion magic. She created the Charley jumper (seen above) and then various versions came out from the The Kooples doing their rather lovely version here (which I have and actually prefer to the Marant) to even Primark bringing out their version in September which I tried on but didn't buy- it wasn't bad actually and very cosy.
And then I didn't think very much about it till I spotted this in M&S a week or so ago.
Stripes and a lace up neck - quite a nice fresh take on the old Breton I thought! What a perfect top to take you from spring in to the summer! This one is a size 10 and I'm a size 10. My remit these days when shopping is "thou must not hug the spare tyre" and this one skims it nicely. The arms are cut slim and it's a nice medium weight cotton.
With a pair of cropped flare jeans and some Swedish Hasbeens - this would be quite a nice modern take on the seventies looks which seems to show no sign of disappearing. With a pair of cut off denim shorts and a pair of Converse and a cute basket - how very tourist chic is this? And with a pair of navy wide leg trousers - what can I say? You're a lucky thing having giraffe legs and being able to carry this off!
1. Uniqlo Wide Legged Trousers (for the long of limb)
2. White Converse Ox (a true classic)
3. M&S Striped Top (new take on a classic)
4. Mango Denim Shorts (work it baby)
5. Jigsaw Silver Anna & Nina Tasssel Bracelet (love love this)
6. Topshop Dree Kick Flare Jeans (it's the new jean shape)
7. Toast Moheda Clogs (the seventies are still here)
8. ASOS Foxtrot Leather Sandals (love the sharp yellow - it's in this year)
9. Topshop Whitney Sunglasses (I love funky sunglasses)
10. Uniqlo Ines Basket Bag (To put all the above purchases in ;op)
Can't quite picture it? This might help!
Wide Leg Trews (source)
With any denim (source)
With Cropped Flares (Source)
With Denim Shorts (Source)
With a nice smile (Source)