Hmmmm. Now this is an interesting one. The Uniqlo pocket silk shirt that I ordered arrived and I had really high hopes for it based on my previous experiences of their silk shirts. And ... it didn't deliver. Why? It was nothing to do with the silk itself - it just wasn't a great fit on me. Or maybe the one I received wasn't a good one? Going by the reviews which all said the shirt was quite loose fitting, I thought I would have no problems with the size small that I ordered. I'd had no problems with my previous ones, so I didn't expect this one to fit any different. However ....
1. It was snug on the sleeves.
2. It gaped at the bust.
3. The buttons were positioned in such a way that with a few buttons undone, it looked either too prudish or too brazen.
4. It just didn't fit as nicely as my previous ones. A little neater and not as flowy which is what I was hoping for.
.... but I'm inclined to think it was just that particular shirt I got that wasn't quite right. I had a little chat with my niece as she ordered one as well and we agreed about the positioning of the buttons but whereas she found it too flowy, I found it too neat. I also have love handles. She does not.
But all is not lost! I also ordered the placket version of the silk blouse (I had been deliberating over both for some time) and this was much much better hence the fact that I think the pocket shirt was an odd dud one. The fit on the placket shirt was just right (you just know when you put something on and it immediately feels good) and even though the button positions were similar, it doesn't feel as brazen if that cheeky extra button was left undone. Infact because of the placket, I can even sew in a sneaky little snap fastener to protect my modesty and no one would be any the wiser.
So look ... no gaping!
Look. Looser on the sleeves!
Look. Looser through the body!
Much better - agreed? This one's a keeper. I had it in mind for a night out soon and I don't doubt it will earn it's keep beyond that. So, all's well that end's well - we got there!
Last Note :
- Did anyone else order any of the Uniqlo silk shirts and out of curiosity how did you get on?
- The pocket shirt looks a bit messier as I didn't iron it before I took the photos. I gave the placket one a quick iron as I knew that one was staying because of the fit and just wanted to get a better feel for how the shirt should look without creases.