Just B'COS

Thursday 28 August 2014


I like COS and just b'COS they have some lovely things, I thought I'd tell you what is floating my boat in there currently.

Kimono Sleeve Coat



This coat. The deep red is gorgeous and sultry. A lovely muted rather than a slap in your face kind of red which is a little more forgiving on the old winter pasty palettes. Some reds are a bit primary, this is a grown up red. I like the texture and the fabric as well - the marled effect is good - it hides dirt well :o) Do you think it has a touch of Little Red Riding Hood about it? I do. 

Hmm, the cropped sleeves. This will probably put some of you off as cropped sleeves in the winter always seems like a bad idea. They're probably not cropped on me though but full length (yay - no alterations). A true fashionista would happily wear this coat and freeze her wrists off but I'm not a true fashionista. I do however have a pair of long leather gloves so if they were still a little short on me, I could still manage this coat. But would I then look like a true drama queen when I swan in to the school playground with my kinky leather gloves and my divine red coat. Yes? Oh good!


Soft Leather Backpack

  


And backpacks are still happening aren't they? Most of the ones being mentioned at the moment seem to be black which I don't have a problem with but isn't this grey one rather nice for a a slightly softer take? It would probably go very nice against all those powder blue coats which seem to be the fashion colour for coats this season. It looks more grown up than some of the other offerings out there and I like how very simple it is - there is no hardware on show so it doesn't stress those people out who have to match their hardware on their belts to their jewellery to the buckles on their shoes.





This top is good and I would actually have this as a going out top. To me, that's dressing up. It's also in a polyester crepe which means you are going to look as lovely in this at the end of the evening as you did at the beginning. I like the simple woven shell tops which have been floating around for the last year and this is a nice take on them with a small detail but doesn't detract from the overall simplicity of the styling. (I would however totally ignore the styling on the COS site for the top - I think it's awful and I don't often make a comment like that). I'm  also inclined to go with gold jewellery for more impact like this simple cuff bracelet.



 


Now this jumper is a little bit different from all the usual grey jumper offerings out there. It looks like a cardigan, but is a jumper and you don't have to mess around with putting all the flaps in to place. And it's a little more sophisticated - a de-grunged Allsaints type of top.

I would say that if I was working and allowed to wear jumpers in the work place, I would probably buy this. And I would actually like to continue the grey theme with something like these charcoal grey wool trousers on the bottom rather than black. Because sometimes black is too obvious and I've never got on with black trousers for some reason. And burgundy suede shoes like these that you can walk in. How very buttoned up and sombre and sexy. But I'm not, so jeans it is for me ... again. Ah well ... I can't complain, I used to dream of the days when I was getting dressed for work and wished it was a mufti day.





It's getting colder and gloomy and I need a bit of colour. Something to remind me of the sunshine that was and besides I did once say here that yellow is my favourite other colour after grey, black, white, beige and navy. Sometimes you need a shot of colour like this peeking out from under your sombre dark winter coat to perk up the soul. The weave on this jumper is nice - a bit of texture without adding bulk which some cable knits can do. And the colour looks a bit sharper and brighter on the website than it does here. It's also a cotton mix - less pilling - hurrah!




And some days, I'm a bit of a prissy missy and this top appeals on that level. I have something similar which I scored in the January sales and I have to say, I've really enjoyed wearing it this summer. It is a little strange though with it being a crisp cotton poplin, you can hear yourself move. It rustles. I would say this was a more autumn colour way than mine and the neckline detailing is different too - more interesting. I will be keeping an eye out for it in the sales. I regard this kind of a top as a nice to have but not urgent. 

So just a few things which took my fancy whilst I was having a browse through the COS site. Everyone is doing Hush and Boden at the moment and you must have seen the same things so many times over so I thought I'd give you a little COS love just b'COS ..... 

..... it deserves it.




35 comments

  1. I do like a bit of Cos. Love the grey jumper style but not so keen on the colour for me though. Paler shades of grey make my hair look yellow for some reason and that's not a good look! :-o x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah you really do see things from a colour aspect don't you? The grey jumper is lovely - the style is very you. Shame it's not the right shade for your hair! I've never thought of whether it goes with your hair before - skin tone yes, but hair no!

      Delete
  2. ooooh COS is a store/online place that I NEVER EVER visit why? Just B'COS - LOL!
    I am so in love with that grey jumper - wow, I NEED it. And the yellow jumper and the grey bag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like COS but there is no store near me and I can only visit one when I go down to London which isn't that often so I have to guess with the stuff online. But yes - there are some lovely pieces.

      Delete
  3. My fave shop! Well done sue for something different. Hx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh a COS fan. Lovely. I love the layout of the stores - I always wish I just had more time to browse in them. I have managed to pick up the odd gem in their sales though which are pretty good if you are patient enough and the items you have in mind haven't sold out.

      Delete
  4. Glad to see you are on board with Cos Sue! That coat is a stunner, I may have to go check it out in person, though I don't love the idea of cold wrists in winter. I already have a 3/4 sleeve coat that doesn't get nearly enough wear out of it, but of course, it's not a stunning shade of blood red. (One trick I've found to get a bit more wear out of it though is to layer a leather jacket underneath.) Also love that drapey grey sweater. Such a good find. Definitely makes me want to go shopping, though when it's 95* outside it's hard to try on coats and sweaters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh nice idea with the leather jacket! I haven't got one - oh! But the combination would be stunning - you'll have me on the search for a nice leather jacket now. And yes, the sleeves could be a little worrying and chilly but the colour does look lovely and I can overlook sleeve details like that if the rest of is perfect. And 95 outside - whoa! It's bordering on chilly here at the moment. Summer has left the building!

      Delete
  5. The coat is my favourite. It's absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too - it's kind of a little prim and austere but the colour really makes it. You'd look fab in it.

      Delete
  6. The grey jumper is gorgeous as is the textured knit...Cos are great at doing simple but stylish! Love the colour of the coat too. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's it isn't it - simple shapes and some of it a little timeless too. It doesn't follow the latest trends so much but has it's own style. I love it but wish I had one nearer to me so I could really try out their range. I've been lucky in their sales though - I've picked up a few good pieces of theirs at the end of the season and I'm hoping to do that again here.

      Delete
  7. Love the grey jumper, so I've just ordered it. Thanks for posting it! Don't think I'd have noticed the buttons up the back if you hadn't. I do look at cos, but I think this one may have passed me by if it wasn't for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh brilliant - glad to be of assistance. I think I sometimes browse round the usual suspects and then forget the ones which are a little more difficult to order from. By that I mean, the returns process is a little more awkward as I have to wait around for a courier to pick up things rather than return them to a store. Hope the grey jumper works out for you - it seems to be getting a lot of love in this post.

      Delete
  8. I love Cos clothes when I see them on people. I have however only ordered 2 things in the past and they went back I think I ordered wrong - I find their pictures strange and hard to imagine the clothes on myself. I however love the black top you have chosen and the grey jumper - a touch of IM reminiscent of her this season's knot jumper going to check out Cos this weekend! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got about 4-5 things and they've been good fits so far. I've stayed away from the overly boxy shapes as I know they can be quite difficult to carry off on a smaller person but in general, the more regular jumper shapes and shirts have proven quite good for me. The top with the twist detail is lovely - let me know if you try it on and how you get on. I think that's the one most likely to make it in to my wardrobe ... or the first if you know what I mean ;o)

      Delete
  9. Love, love, love Cos! And they've opened a 2 floor wonderland of gorgeousness in Dublin which is even better (we had to contend with concession stores in the past) I pretty much love everything you've posted here. In fact, I think I may have to pay the store a visit very soon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you love COS and now you have a mecca of fabulous clothes to indulge in on your doorstep. I still have to make it down to London for a bit of a peruse.

      Delete
  10. These are great picks. The jumper in particular would be perfect for my work uniform and I love your suggestion of pairing with more grey - inspiration. Why didn't I think of that before? I was eyeing up some cropped grey ones in Topshop today which would work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be of assistance. I don't often look at things which are suitable for the workplace but COS does have some choice pieces for those ladies who work. I'm trying to look at things which are not so plain and which have a bit of interesting detailing and this jumper definitely fits the bill. Do you have any black leather leggings? They would work a treat with it too.

      Delete
    2. Do I have black leather leggings? But of course. The only thing is I find you need something long to the top of the thigh at least. This jumper may be a tad on the short side. Still great though and it will be going on my wishlist.

      Delete
  11. It's not a shop I ever consider looking in, probably because there isn't one nearby, but I never look online either. Maybe I should investigate... Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shop I really like but don't indulge in that often for the same reason as you - it's not on my doorstep. And I know it's a shop where I really need to try the clothes on to fully appreciate how they sit on my frame. But do you know what, the bits I've had so far have been good. I do think you would probably like a little more colour and pattern in your clothes though - it might be too "hard" for you.

      Delete
  12. Cos does look right up my street Sue, it's such a shame there isn't around here!! I've been to the store in Birmingham and I love the concept of it, so well laid out that it makes the brand seem so much more expensive than it is! Next time I get to a large city I am going to have a good look around.....I love the coat, it's so elegant xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The coat is elegant. It's got a touch of Audrey Hepburn about it hasn't it and if that doesn't sell it, I don't know what will. Maybe I should go for a good shop with you in London some time!

      Delete
  13. I really wish that Cos would ship to Australia. That kimono coat, the knot tied top and that overlay jumper are all just lovely. It's really simple and easy and just. Wish it was in Australia. Are you going to get any of the pieces? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was saying above that the knot tied top is the one most likely to come my way. I totally love the simplicity but that little knot just makes it something else. And I like that it is at the side and not central like some knot tops are. It's all in the detail isn't it? Or sometimes, the lack of it.

      Delete
  14. LOVE LOVE LOVE the overlap wool jumper - VERY similar to the Verney tank I just bought from AllSaints! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now didn't I just say that it was a bit Allsaints? I'll have to take a look at the Verney tank!

      Delete
  15. I spent a lot of time in Cos the other day trying on things and I wanted to buy a trillion million tops (loved the grey sweater you picked above on) I adore the mustard jumper (didn't spot it in there) did you see the mustard midi A-line wool skirt..it looked fab on but couldn't justify as I am not going anywhere to wear it! Love Cos and love your selection, chic and stylish as always xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The grey jumper has sold out - boo! I will just have to move on! And I had a peek at the yellow midi skirt - are you sure you can't find a hundred ways to wear that during the day? And I would love a COS on my doorstep so I can check the items in real life - sometimes you just need to do the touch and feel test to really get the measure of it.

      Delete
  16. I've always been drawn to unusual necklines and this is probably why my two favourite items here are the overlap jumper and the printed cotton top. The deep red coat is a fabulous style but once winter sets in I would be wanting the sleeves to be long! Great for now though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would worry about the sleeves too in reality and I have a feeling that they will stop an inch short of how a full length sleeve would fit on me and how annoying would that be?

      Delete
  17. I love this brand. I popped in to one of the stores in Spain and was stuck in there for a good 2 hours! Especially love their use of nontraditional fabrics and cuts, that grey jumper is something else and I hope you get it. I'l going to stalk the US site, it's the only way I can get anything from these guys at the moment!

    steph / absolutely-fuzzy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to have 2 hours to spend in COS to fully check it out. The only times I've been in, it's always been really rushed or I've had someone with me. The shapes and cut of their clothes is very appealing but I can imagine a lot of it is quite challenging to wear too - hence the need for trying on. I didn't manage to get the grey jumper ... it sold out when I went back to have a look at it! Next time, I will buy and then blog :o(

      Delete

Susie So So