I'm Spinning Around ....

Tuesday 26 August 2014


I'm spinning around,
Move out of my way,
I know you're feeling me, cuz  you like it like this
I'm breakin' it down
I'm not the same
I know you're feeling me, cuz you like it like this!


Go on - you know you want to have a bop! Go whack a bit of Kylie on or whatever gets your disco groove on!

I was on the Yoox site and a new shoe drop must have just arrived. I love it when you're there at the right place at the right time and you can pick up some little bargains. I ordered 3 pairs but when the starting price is £18 for one of the pairs of shoes I picked up and there is a further 10% off your order, I figured I could live a little and order 3 pairs. Besides what are the chances of me keeping 3 pairs? Slim! - I'm only keeping 2!

Anyway, want to see what I got?

C Petula Disco Shoes (I named them that)


Teal and copper. What a combination eh? Crazy aren't they? A bit disco? A bit Scissor Sisters? A bit Ladyboys of Bangkok? See how I put them in a very un-disco like setting to give them some level of acceptance and normality? I luuurve them! I know some of you are recoiling in horror and wondering whether the sensible shoe fairy has gone on holiday, well yes it did! It needed a holiday. And the kick ass shoe fairy has come to stay for a while. Okay?

Looking at them, makes me smile. Putting them on, makes me feel tall (well with that heel what did you expect) and there's a little bit of something magical about them which makes you want to get your boogie on and feel alive and a little fun. I'm all for investing in classics and usually go for something a little more "tasteful" (some would insert the word "boring" here) but tasteful and boring doesn't always make me smile and these shoes do. So in my world - that's truly a good thing.


Now, I was just wondering when the hot pants fairy is coming to stay?





21 comments

  1. They're gorgeous! The green is all shiny peacock but the tan makes them grounded and wearable. Ooh, and there's black too so you can really wear them with anything. Even in the winter with chunky tights they would look awesome.

    I had a lucky moment with a pair of boots from J Crew this month. I know what you mean about being in the right place at the right time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tan is actually a shiny copper leather so the contrast in real life is a lot stronger. And yes, some people will look fab in these worn with opaque black tights and some kind of dress/skirt - unfortunately not me - I'm far too conservative :o(

      And yes, I love being in the right shopping place at the right time, I've nabbed some fab bargains before now! And lucky with you with your J Crew boots - even with discounts - their prices are still pretty high over here.

      Delete
  2. I think they're actually very neutral Sue and will go with oodles of things. The only problem I can see is the rain! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall never wear them in the rain then!

      But yes, you totally get it - they are a pair of shoes which do their own thing but essentially, the black trims and heel make it that much more wearable and to pair with stuff. I'm certainly not going to go whacky with my clothes choices - the shoes can make their own statement.

      Delete
  3. Amazing shoes - absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fiona! How are you getting on with your Stans?

      Delete
  4. They are fabulous!! Love the colours. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are certainly eye catching aren't they? And not nearly as scary as you would imagine. They had them in an orange and gold colour way but the teal won hands down. I think these are going to give me much joy!

      Delete
  5. So you - please wear them when I see you next - I am more than happy to 'get on down and boogie' with you:) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will that be in February? I shall pack them in my bag and put them on for you okay?

      Delete
  6. They make me smile, Sue, and can't wait to see you style them! Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not going to be anything outlandish - you know me - I have to keep everything plain and simple. The shoes are enough.

      Delete
  7. Divine shoes Sue.....I'm not surprised they put you in the mood for dancing........they are utterly gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never realised how much we both loved shoes until this last year. We've both gone a bit shoe mad! Ah well, at least I'm not alone in this shoe madness!

      Delete
  8. Yes yes I love them, made me smile like Lynne, love a good pair of disco shoes and these fit the bill...gorgeous colourway, bit of shimmer, heels what more could you want. Can't wait to see you strutting your stuff in them! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've got everything haven't they? And actually very flattering on the feet. And even the heel height is quite do-able thanks to that tiny platform at the front. Sometimes you have to go straight for the things which make you smile.

      Delete
  9. Well when you said on your last blog you were bored, I never expected this?! They are such fun, and shoes/clothes should make you feel good! Strut your stuff Susie! Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really true Helen. So many of my clothes are purely practical and very plain and a lot of them do give me a lot of joy but there's nothing like that first rush when you get something new!

      Delete
  10. As soon as I saw the lyrics I started singing that song in my head, you're so funny Sue! The shoes look like a lot of fun, and hey, we all need a pair of dancing shoes.. right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely Jamie-Lee! And there's nothing like a bit of Kylie to get you in the mood for a bit of a boogie!

      Delete
  11. In the late 70's (showing my age)I had a coat very similar to the red one,mine was green, I love the disco shoes too, everyone needs a pair of disco shoes in their wardrobe no matter what age !

    ReplyDelete

Susie So So