Monday Musings : 05 November 2018

Monday 5 November 2018


Hello. I miss doing the Friday Fives but there's been no time for blogging lately but I've snuck a Monday Musings in today instead. Same thing but with a more relaxed deadline.

Monday Musings (1 of 5) Mind the Thigh Gap
I wish! Thigh gap! In my dreams! The last half year has seen me eating a whole load of toast. If there's one thing guaranteed to make your thighs meet, it's toast. My thighs and my tummy don't like toast. I eat toast and my stomach goes WOOOMPH! I could stop eating toast which would be the logical thing but instead I have resorted to buying buffet dresses. Because, sometimes you just want to eat the toast.

Monday Musings (2 of 5) Boots

No problem buying trainers!!!

I have spent the last four/five years in trainers even through the coldest months. I just bought fancy socks and got on with it. I don't actually have very many boots -  a pair of Uggs for dry cold days and a pair of cheapo pewter coloured Acne style ankle boots for wet days. Somehow these two got me through last winter.  The rest of my meagre collection of boots are neither here or there but I have concluded that I am missing a pair of black ankle boots to wear with the buffet dresses this winter. I have ordered and returned gazillions. Asos hates me. But I will get there. Lord, loves a trier and I am trying these next.

Monday Musings (3 of 5) Ooh La La.
I want to be one of those little chic petite French girls but in reality I am one of those Asian short legged little Chinese pear shaped things. And born in Yorkshire to boot. But hey, you've got to work with what you have and what you don't have, you can pretend a little by wearing what the French girls wear and sitting all posey like in front of the mirror. This beautiful little top is the George shirt from Balzac Paris. Did I choose it because it was called George after my cheeky second born? Well that may have swayed me a little but if ever there was a cute little blouse which summed me up, this is it. A dark background, a subtle gold weave thread to lift it a little and a small ditsy print which doesn't drown me. Even the hubs and the first born said it was "Very Me". when I asked them what they thought. 

Monday Musings (4 of 5) Fluffy Wuffy


It's getting colder and I'm pretty nesh. Is it wrong to like that fluffy warm co-ord above? If it is, I don't want to be right.

Friday Five (5 of 5) Three Funerals and No Wedding.
Been a tough few months and I guess that title above explains my on and off approach on here lately. It's my spoof take on the infamous Four Weddings and a Funeral but without the joy or the weddings.

---------------------------------

Last Note :

  • The M&S Floral dress is actually sold as a maxi dress. It's definitely maxi on me - I'm not sure whether I might get it altered a fraction shorter yet. I'm in a size 6 instead of my usual size 10 - one thing for sure - it's a buffet dress!

  • I did a happy dance when I got the Balzac blouse. So me! I'm wearing a size small and it's a comfy relaxed fit on me.

  • Yes the Nike Air Max Ones are the same trainers in different colours. And they're a good way to do fugly dad trainers without being full on fugly dad.

  • Bless you Mike. Without you, there would have been no Susie So So.



* George Shirt c/o Balzac Paris

Post a Comment

Susie So So