Friday Five : 17 Feb 2017

Friday 17 February 2017


Friday Five (1 of 5) Lavender




I've been on the Dior Nail Glow for years now - I did a post on it a few years back here. It's the best thing ever for a cack handed person like me who can't paint their right finger nails neatly with their left hand. The struggle is real. So whilst having a browse through Grazia a couple of weeks ago, I spotted the Essie Treat Love and Colour polish in the must have shade of Laven Dearly. I thought it might be the perfect colour for summer and would give the nails a slight wash of colour. I promptly went to hunt it down and five shops later, I found a bottle. I painted it on my nails and took pics. The hubs watched on in a bemused manner before saying "I don't like it". Well, I have to admit I wasn't that keen - it probably wasn't my colour. I wasn't that keen on the slightly milky finish and it didn't wear as well as I would have liked either. It might be what you're looking for but it wasn't for me. I'm sticking with my Dior Nail Glow. #theoriginalandbest


Friday Five (2 of 5) Lisa Dawson




Lisa's Home


Are you following Lisa? Why not? Go and follow her on Instagram here and then go and read her blog. It's down to earth, engaging, funny and she's lovely. Her home is a dream and her interior projects are simple and inspiring. Best of all - she likes a bargain from the high street and she's happy to share her finds and tips. She also runs little workshops in her own home so you can see everything in her little IG squares for real and you even get lunch and an Aperol Spritz at the end of the day in her little bar! Go and find out what she's up - it will be worth it! #faffandlaffwithlisa


Friday Five (3 of 5) Selective Hearing


Basil helping out with the flatlay.


Did you know I'm as blind as a bat? I wear contacts and am totally lost without them. Anyway, I was overdue for an eye check and took myself in to Leeds. Whilst I was there, I picked up my five free pairs of lenses which you're entitled to each year if you're on a Lensmail scheme with Specsavers -don't be missing out) and was asked if I'd like to have a free hearing test. I was in a good mood so humoured the young chappy who was looking after me.  Turns out I have perfect hearing. It's just selective around certain members of the family. My boys can confirm that. ;o)  #mummymummeeemummmmeeeeee


Friday Five (4 of 5) Pyjamas




When was the last time you wore nice pyjamas? When was the last time you actually wore a proper set of pyjamas? I'm guilty of grabbing a £5-6 pair of Primark jammy bottoms when I see a pair I like and pairing with any tee I've got going spare. It's done me fine but sometimes I think it would be nice to have a nice pair of pj's where the tops and bottoms matched. I've been keeping my eye out on Jigsaw's sale as they had some lovely ones in the sale recently and they all sold out and then I just spotted the above pair of Pj's half price in the sale and in stock. I think it's time to up my pyjama game! #yousnoozeyoulosethepjs


Friday Five (5 of 5) Paper Planes


Paper Planes Trailer Here


This comes recommended by my two boys who found the film on Netflix and I thought you might like a little something to watch whilst whiling away those half term hours (if you are whiling away half term hours that is) with kids. It's a film about a boy who makes paper planes. I know, I know, it sounds dreadfully exciting doesn't it? Not. Stick with me and hear me out. It's a feel good movie and without giving any plot away, it gives you the warm and fuzzes at the end. It will also make you tear your hair out when your kids go on a paper plane making frenzy which mine did as they were so psyched and buoyed up by the film. And if nothing else, it will get them off the techy toys and doing something different for a couple of hours. Infact my eldest entrepreneurial son even managed to sell a couple of his super duper finely honed paper planes to some of his class mates. #notawordofalie #getyourA4ready


--------------------------


Last Note :

  • The black broderie New Look top which I included in last week's Friday Five is now half price! So I put the saving towards the white one as well!



2 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Oh good to hear. It's been a while since I treated myself to nice pj's! x

      Delete

Susie So So