I sometimes pop in to the York Outlet and I've probably said before that my favourite shop in there is the Margaret Howell one. I rarely buy anything but I do still like to look - they have lovely things but I think I'm a foot short for a lot of the things. Okay, I don't think, I KNOW I'm a foot short for most of the things. Plus my purse is a lot short too.
There's a lovely lady who works in there (waves at lovely lady incase she's reading) who recognises me from the blog. Always impeccably turned out (all the people are, in the Margaret Howell outlet) and as I was chatting to her, I noted her rather lovely navy cotton shirt which I commented on. You know how these things haunt you? Well cue hankering for a navy cotton shirt.
Long story short, I didn't buy a Margaret Howell navy shirt. I bought a Mango one. The one below to be precise which also happens to be in the sale (woohoo!).
Loose fitting (we don't do skin tight in MH), slightly sheer light cotton and with a small nehru collar. I had high hopes which were not dashed at all. I am delighted.
Thank you for the inspro, nice Margaret Howell outlet lady! I'll have to pluck up the courage to ask you your name one day :)
Mango Shirt, F&F Culottes, Adidas Stan Smith
- I've already got my F&F stripey trews seen here and they go well with the navy shirt but the Mango ones featured above are also nice and are currently in the sale. That waist detail adds some interest and if you're not adverse to a slim vest top or a white tee, these would look fab tucked in these trousers for a perfectly relaxed summer look.
- I'm pretty lazy when it comes to footwear so minimal faff and comfort speaks volumes to me. These tan suede espadrille slides look to be exactly all that and the slight platform gives it a 2016 vibe.
- I couldn't resist picking up this tote when I was in the outlet. I was going to treat myself at Christmas but all manner of things ended up being bought instead but I was delighted to spot it in the store. The hubs paid for it. He doesn't know that yet. He might do now.
- Denim culottes. I know they can be a bit of a love hate item but I've come to love them. I had to decide between the M&S ones I posted a little while back here in May and the Florence & Fred ones featured above. I eventually opted for the F&F ones because the waist was a fraction lower and they just felt a little lighter to wear. They've practically sold out online but they seem to be available in store still but if you can't get hold of a pair, these Warehouse ones as sported by Bean are lovely and are currently reduced too.
- Your wardrobe is not complete without a pair of white trainers. The Jigsaw trainers above are as simple and minimal as they come and the leather is soft and supple, however, I've just spotted their new slip on trainers which have come online here and they are pretty major! #hubbahubba