Shoe Style Steals

Thursday 21 April 2016


See pom pom. Try pom pom.


And they were better than I thought they would be because at the end of the day, pompoms (and lots of them at that) on your feet are a little weird (in my eyes). Which leads me on to a style steal post which I haven't done for a while. 

So what have we here?








Do we like a bit of Marant? I love a bit of Marant. And I do love the look of the Marant Jools eyelet sandals but the price of them makes my eyelets water (#sorrynotsorry). So I stumbled across the Victor eyelet sandals instead which are certainly a lot more affordable at a fraction of the price. Full leather and under £30. That's a lot lot lot more affordable!

And pompoms. I saw the pompoms making an appearance last year and thought - not for me. But they are for some people. I can't vouch for the Elina Linardaki sandals and the quality but the Zara ones which are at half the price are very comfortable and very pretty on. I tried them on for a giggle and surprised myself by actually liking them. There goes the moral of you don't know till you try. Or you could get jiggy with a glue gun and a bag of pompoms from Hobbycraft on a pair of old sandals of your own! 

And the Gucci loafers. Oh the Gucci's. Yes I love. No I can't afford. End of. Or is it ...? Well Aquila are doing a rather nice bronze version in a very similar style. I have to admit that I actually prefer the bronze leather to the gold which makes them a little more wearable but for a style steal - I think they're pretty good.

To be honest, they're all pretty good - it just depends on how minted or skinted you are.


8 comments

  1. Great 'steal' versions, especially for skinted peeps! Love the Marant copies. Good spot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very tempted by the Marantalikes but then thought I have a similar shape sandal which I recently bought from ASOS so I stepped away. That was pretty good of me as they were in my online basket.

      Delete
  2. Great steals, I'll say! I am loving the pom pom thingy going on and will have to action some sort of piece with them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I only tried one on and it doesn't look too overkill at this point but I saw when both were tried on together and it is a riot. Maybe another version with a few less hundred pompoms might be good!

      Delete
  3. I am loving the Pom poms! Didn't think I would but they are gorgeous. Jane X

    http://arthursmum.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They take a little bit of getting used to. I wouldn't say they were me but they were nicer than I first thought they were going to be. I'm just happy that I'd painted my toes just recently.

      Delete
  4. Love the pom pompom sandals, they look much better on than the photo. Great steals, I love the Isabel Marant eyelet sandals, I saw someone wearing some last summer and they did look gorgeous.Great steals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Marant style ones are my favourite and if I'd seen these earlier in the year instead of the ASOS ones I bought recently, I would have snapped these up. So much for the early bird gets the worm!

      Delete

Susie So So