A Crisp White Shirt

Saturday 2 April 2016


Cecilie Copenhagen top (diff colour)(similar colour), H&M Jeans (old)


Generally I like to keep things simple with not too much going on and as a rule it works for me. Above is how I normally wear things. I'm small so once I have too many layers, too many accessories, it all gets a bit busy. But sometimes I think it's good to break the rule even for myself. But I'm not doing going down the accessories route for this one - I'm employing the help of a crisp white shirt.


H&M Shirt (old), Accessorize Necklace (similar)


It certainly seems to bring this particular outfit to life and a little bit of layering is not to be sniffed at with the temperamental UK temperatures we have. And because I'm an honest Sue, I can't take the credit for this. 

Thank you Pinterest.




-------------------------------



Last Note :

  • Unfortunately the top is not designed for all and in general seems to be restricted to "one size" in this particular style. I'm a size 10 and it fits very comfortably and should fit up to a size 12 as well. It is to be noted that the armholes are cut high which gives the wearer the neatness and fit across the top they need as the rest of the top is loose. 
  • This would be fantastic also as stylish maternity wear. I wish I had this when I was preggers!
  • Cecilie Copenhagen is currently limited to Browns Fashion, Liberty and Matches. If you can be bothered to go to the extra trouble to order from the actual Cecilie Copenhagen site, there are many more styles to choose from and the currency conversion amounts to the same as buying over here once you have factored in p&p.
  • For anyone struggling and getting annoyed with off the shoulder tops which ping back up - this is the only off the shoulder top which has stayed in place on me. Just saying.








10 comments

  1. Hi Susie, I have this top and thank you so much for sharing the styling. I would never have thought of this. Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't have thought of either Yvonne but I just happened to be going through Cecilie styling on Pinterest and found the picture. The V can be quite low so this is an excellent way to counteract it.

      Delete
  2. Really lovely top and very gorgeous with the white shirt underneath. I absolutely love blue and white for spring and summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not big on layering but for once I think this works. It's a little different from the usual jumper and shirt combo and the colours are quite fresh and sharp.

      Delete
  3. Brilliant idea to double up the shirt Sue....I love the CC top with the shirt underneath! How gorgeous is the off the shoulder top too! That would be lovely with some denim cut-offs and tan strappy sandals in the summer! ;0) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on a slippery slope with the CC stuff. I've started now and I'm eyeing up so much of their collection. The off the shoulder top is lovely - believe me ;)

      Delete
  4. It's surprising how a simple white shirt can change the look of something so much! I love this. I shall have to try it out for myself :D
    Suzy x
    www.suzyturner.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should. I think I will be experimenting a little more now myself as well.

      Delete
  5. Love this style! Thanks for sharing!
    iabiti

    ReplyDelete

Susie So So