Cardigans

Wednesday 27 January 2016



M&S Cardigan (instore), Zara Jeans, Primark Bag


No fancy titles there. Yes, I'm talking about cardigans and yes that's a pink one I'm wearing up there. I'm not done on the pink thing yet! I have to bust this pink thing right out of the water, even if it's in form of a cardigan. To be honest, I don't mind a cardigan. Infact I quite like a cardigan worn as a jumper. It's how I used to wear them in my twenties. I didn't really wear v-neck jumpers then but I did wear cardigans buttoned up like this with a camisole underneath (it was the nineties). Makes them a little "sexier".

Now I'd love to give you a link to the cardigan I'm wearing but I can't. It's one of those that you find on the clearance rail at M&S now they've reached the tail end of their sale and basically there are no returns on it. It's a 100% merino wool cardigan that I bagged for £10. I think that's what they call a bargain. And it's a size 14 but I think it works. 

But because I feel a bit mean, can I show you a couple of other little cardigan bargains I spotted ... you'd be silly to miss these. This is a Bella Freud ... for £104. That's a bargain in Bella world. A lovely vibrant pink for those who can't do the blue toned pinks that I suit more.



Colour a bit scary? How about a couple of 100% cashmere cardigans in most people's favourite neutral shades of navy and grey. For £40. This will be a proper boyfriend fit because they are from the men's section of Uniqlo. 





And just incase the neckline is a bit low for you, let's hark back to the nineties and add one of these :



Don't say I'm not good to you.


-----------------------------

Last Note :

  • This is a classic "shoot the stylist" moment. Apologies for the quality of the pic but it's the only one I can find on the internet which is of my cardigan. I may have to remove it from the blog shortly. It hurts my eyes.




18 comments

  1. Hi there! I love that shade of pink on you, very flattering and a great shade for anytime of year!! I wear a cardi for work so my non work versions are taking a back seat at the moment!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine if you wear them a lot at work, you'll be wanting something different for the weekend. And pink is not a regular thing for me so thank you for the vote of confidence.

      Delete
  2. Love it on you Sue - just gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I need a bit of sunshine now so I can wear it as it is. This colour always looks better with sunshine.

      Delete
  3. Looks fab on you! I would normally swerve a cardigan like that, but has made me think again.....however, why oh why can M&S not get it right on the styling front?!! There are so many examples that are just horrific on their website. How can we tell them? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their styling is very hit and miss on the website and I find that I overlook a lot of nice items which I spot in store instead. I noticed that they did an ivory version of the pink cardigan - I wish that one had been in the sale - I would have definitely picked that up and not thought twice about that (I still am a little anxious around pink) but it's a good way for me to try out the pink thing - and if it doesn't work out for me - it will still be nice to wear as loungewear with pj bots!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous shade of pink, I like cardigans as jumpers. I am still to find a cardigan I like,,,,, on the subject of pink I sent for the H&M cashmere jumper , the pink is nicer than the visual online ,... But I wasn't totally sold, it's been wrapped back up and is being returned tomorrow. I think it was that neckline that worried you that sealed the return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the neckline rather than the shade which I knew wouldn't work for me. It's a little "high" and tight looking which is no good on someone like me with a short neck. It's got to be a proper crew or a proper roll neck.

      And I'm sure you will find the right cardigan - sorry to hear that the Nina cardigan didn't live up to your expectations - it looked lovely as well.

      Delete
  5. Yes, yours works Sue. Fab sale bargain. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I did dither for a while as I knew I couldn't return it but then I thought it was a perfectly good wearable 100% merino wool cardigan for £10 and you can't pick up something that nice for that amount of money these days that often.

      Delete
  6. I love coral and I dabble in dusky pink but j can't go full on pastel pink like you. It's good to see you in colour, Sue. How do you even make an M&S Cardigan look cool?! Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha you flatter me there Lynne! How cool, I don't know but I'm hoping that it doesn't age me and that's all I can ask for. Pink .... it's such a dividing colour.

      Delete
  7. Love that pink cardigan as a jumper too, what a bargain. The 14 looks fine, but m&s sizing is a bit haphazard but worth checking out. My best bargain from there was a £30 cashmere cardigan in a pale lemony green, I only paid £10 with a gift voucher. I was going to save it for spring, but maybe I won't now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can beat you on that bargain actually - my sister picked up a £10 100% cashmere black roll neck ... which she gave to me as she knew I would love it. And I do!

      And I was quite surprised at this little/big cardigan actually - I would never have picked it out online and hence I missed out on the ivory version as I would have been happy to pay full price for that!

      Delete
  8. Laughing here as I too did the buttoned cardi and 'sexy' camisole in the '90s. Hilarious! As much as I still find it difficult to put you and pink together, it really is a colour that suits you. You look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did it too - I had a boyfriend at the time who was a bit worried about me going out wearing my underwear on show #prude

      And phew about the pink - you were the one person I really thought who would say "step away from the pink Sue".

      Delete
  9. No, I can't beat a free cashmere jumper! Sounds like a fab sister.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that outfit on you. The colour is gorgeous and I love the loose fit. You look stunning xxx Melanie

    ReplyDelete

Susie So So