I took the above picture just recently and I was thinking what a nice colour palette it was all together - the silvery greys, the black, the whites and the rather striking deep evergreen. And have you noticed how this shade of green is seeping its way through the winter collections? I have. Anyway, I thought I'd put together a little montage to see how this works in a clothes/accessories sense coming in to autumn.
1. This little purse is green, spotty and hairy which sounds pretty awful but is in fact pretty wonderful. Just look at it!
2. I usually buy a couple of scarves a year and I like the light neutral tones of this Zara one. Besides which, stripes are always good, horizontal or vertical.
3. I love grey cashmere jumpers. I have a few. I don't mind if I have another and Uniqlo's cashmere is competitively priced and easy to look after.
4. If you follow me on Instagram you'll know I've been decorating. I received the new Fresh Fig candle from the White Company and I have to say it looks very nice in my newly painted clean room ;o) It smells lovely - I can detect the berries (cassis), I don't know what figs smell like as I haven't eaten any in a while but there is an underlying "greenness" about the fragrance which I really like as I favour green/clean scents. However, I have yet to light the wick - I'm saving it for September when the nights draw in and it will be interesting to note how cleanly and evenly it burns in due course.
5. In my world, black jeans equate with winter and blue jeans mean summer. And Topshop's black Jamie jeans are amongst the best out there. I have a pair from a couple of years back which are still going strong.
6. This clutch is a recent addition to So So Towers. I liked the simple clean lines with the distressed silver lower panel just to give it a bit of pizazz. It's not a bad size too - I think I can even fit a pair of going home shoes in there if I wanted to!
7. The Chloe Drew was a bit of hit this year wasn't it for those with a thousand pounds to spare? But fear not, Zara do what they do best and have put out their "take" on this bag for the season ahead. And I'm thinking, well done Zara - strong colour game!
8. Basically, lace up Aquazurra lookalike shoes are here for a bit longer. Does this mean that I should have jumped on this bandwagon a year ago? Probably but I'm glad I didn't because the high street has produced some fab versions at very affordable prices. At the very top end of the high street though, are the Whistles Sida shoes. Being leather rather than suede, these will work nicely going into the wetter months. These are my current favourite pointy version of the ghillie shoes.
9. The American Vintage jackets are a brilliant fit for me and will be perfect when the weather is more "autumn'ish" to sling on over a top for the school run. I can't do a smart blazer but this is perfect for that slightly more dressed down look that I prefer.
10. Now this "slit-sleeve: statement dress is from Forever21 and priced ridiculously low - just £18. I think I may be a little in love with it - I love the drama but I have nowhere to go in this. Someone buy it and pair it with the Topshop Nomad shoes for me will you?
So, I have some of the items above already and usually go for berry shades as an accent for the winter months but this year ... I may be going green. I might start with this!
With black jeans, a grey scarf and some pretty shoes - autumn here I come!