Damson

Thursday 25 September 2014


I've harped on a few times about damson coloured Porselli ballet pumps in the past and if the truth be told, I can't bring myself to pay full price for them ... yet. There are too many other fun things to be had for that amount of money! And I've always wondered how much wear I would get out of them anyway given the amount of shoes I actually have and then I would be worried about if I was actually getting value for money.

Well fear not. I can work that out for myself with these little damson coloured pumps I picked up from Dotty P's. 



They are the most perfect shade of damson - almost identical to the Porselli's in colour. They call them oxblood (bleurgh!) online but I think damson sounds better - agreed? And no they're not leather and they're not like for like - mine have gold tips on the bows and the Porsellis do not but at least I won't be all huffy and puffy if the boys stand on my toes or I'm out in the rain in them and they get sodden. And if I get my wear out of them, then that makes a strong case for investing in the original and hopefully the best. Part of me says though, by the time I've worn these out, I will have exorcised that Porselli demon right out of my system anyway.

Time will tell :o)

-------------------------------

Last Note :

  • These were on offer in store with a 30% off which brings them to a grand total of £8.40. They don't look bad for £8.40 don't they?
  • They have a cushioned insole and are a wide fitting. They come up a fraction big on me so not good for anyone with narrow feet.
  • These actually look less plasticky than some real leather ones I ordered and sent back earlier in the year.
  • For those who don't like excessive toe cleavage, they have these black ones (selling out fast online) with a higher vamp.
  • I only venture in Dorothy Perkins once in a blue moon so it must have been a blue moon when I went in.
  • That was a lot of last notes wasn't it?
  • One more last note - Dorothy Perkins are running a 30% off promotion online and in store till Sunday.





24 comments

  1. Do you know what, I walked in and walked back out again. It was chaos! Love the colour and style of the pumps, what a bargain x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually can't face it which is why I said I only go in once in a blue morning and it was early morning and it was relatively tidy and calm and I don't know what possessed me to go near the shoes as I don't normally look at their shoes at all but I think I was just lucky this time and found what I wanted!

      Delete
  2. Love them! They look more expensive than £8.40! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that too! I've looked at the Topshop ones before and they've always been really wonky looking and have a very shallow vamp, the New Look ones can be a hit and miss (more miss this year than in previous years) and so I was very surprised to spot these in Dorothy P's. It's certainly not somewhere I would think to look for ballet pumps.

      Delete
  3. Very pretty! I thought they were going to be a hIgh end brand! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool - that means I chose well then?

      Hi and lovely of you to drop in. I really must try and wangle that secret hairdresser's address off you some time!

      Delete
  4. I like your thinking! Test the water first. They look like you've paid lots more money than £8.40, DP's isn't a shop I go into really, I think it's something to do with the lay out of the shop I don't like x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The store I went in has had a refurb but I still don't think it's great. I think they had a camisole on a mannequin in an interesting green colour which drew me in but I normally walk past. For some reason, it never feels that "current" does it? I have a mental block on some shops and sometimes I make myself go in them just incase I'm missing a trick or something good! Paid off for me this time though.

      Delete
  5. Once again, you have expanded my vocabulary. Never even heard of damson before. Thanks for schooling' me yet again Sue!

    www.nomadicd.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What you've never heard of damson till now? You've never had damson wine? Neither have I for that matter. I thought it was just one of those berry fruit things that everyone knew about! Well glad to have taught you something new!

      Delete
    2. Never. In my defense, Wikipedia says the plum tree is "found across Europe, but the name "damson" is derived from and most commonly applied to forms which are native to Great Britain". So that's my excuse.

      Delete
  6. Excellent purchase - love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Cheap and cheerful but the colour lifts it doesn't it?

      Delete
  7. Utter bargain and they're a beautiful colour!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these - what a bargain! Damson definitely a better name than Oxblood... x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think oxblood is best left to men's shoes - it has a masculine ring about it doesn't it? But damson sounds so genteel in comparison.

      Delete
  9. Aha I have such coloured leather bag - and I remember they also called it "Oxblood" at the time. I still remember the name of the colour. Yuk. Never heard of "damson" before though - is it that kind of vine/burgundy colour but slightly edging toward plum?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a couple of bags in this colour actually and yes you're right about the description of the colour. Porselli used it in their description for their similar coloured pumps and I thought it was a lovely descriptive colour. I'm a sucker for a nice colour name.

      Delete
  10. They're lovely and what a bargain too! Gorgeous colour. Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynne! I couldn't resist the colour!

      Delete
  11. they are lovely, and what a great price, but I already have a pair that are basically the same but fabric, it always feel a bit immoral to buy some thing that is in my closet but a little different, I guess I should get ebay-ing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I have ballet pumps but nothing in this colour and if I wear these out and I've enjoyed them and I think I will miss them, then they will get replaced but no, I won't indulge in another pair until then. Life's too short and there are too many other shoes out there which also need to be worn.

      Delete

Susie So So