I've harped on a few times about damson coloured Porselli ballet pumps in the past and if the truth be told, I can't bring myself to pay full price for them ... yet. There are too many other fun things to be had for that amount of money! And I've always wondered how much wear I would get out of them anyway given the amount of shoes I actually have and then I would be worried about if I was actually getting value for money.
Well fear not. I can work that out for myself with these little damson coloured pumps I picked up from Dotty P's.
They are the most perfect shade of damson - almost identical to the Porselli's in colour. They call them oxblood (bleurgh!) online but I think damson sounds better - agreed? And no they're not leather and they're not like for like - mine have gold tips on the bows and the Porsellis do not but at least I won't be all huffy and puffy if the boys stand on my toes or I'm out in the rain in them and they get sodden. And if I get my wear out of them, then that makes a strong case for investing in the original and hopefully the best. Part of me says though, by the time I've worn these out, I will have exorcised that Porselli demon right out of my system anyway.
Time will tell :o)
Last Note :
- These were on offer in store with a 30% off which brings them to a grand total of £8.40. They don't look bad for £8.40 don't they?
- They have a cushioned insole and are a wide fitting. They come up a fraction big on me so not good for anyone with narrow feet.
- These actually look less plasticky than some real leather ones I ordered and sent back earlier in the year.
- For those who don't like excessive toe cleavage, they have these black ones (selling out fast online) with a higher vamp.
- I only venture in Dorothy Perkins once in a blue moon so it must have been a blue moon when I went in.
- That was a lot of last notes wasn't it?
- One more last note - Dorothy Perkins are running a 30% off promotion online and in store till Sunday.