Sorry for the radio silence. I got waylaid by life. You know how it is sometimes but I've still been instagramming as and when I remember. It seems so much easier - a quick snapshot of a moment in time and not too many words.
So this is a quick summary of what has been happening in my Instagram world of late .....
- Eating yummy ice creams from the ice cream van. It was a Friday, the weather was nice, the boys were good, so we had a treat from the ice cream man. And he's got new flavours in so I thought it was only right to try the chocolate cookie and vanilla flavour complete with raspberry juice. No sprinkles or flake for me! And don't you think the sound of the ice cream van just conjures up memories of childhood?
- Sitting in a lot of parks when the weather has been nice. You do this a lot when you have young children.
It's a hard life (honest - it does get boring).
- Making chicken salad sandwiches for dinner. This was so easy peasy - even for someone who hates cooking like me. Basically take some small fillets of chicken breast, squeeze some lemon juice over, throw on some oregano and some salt and pepper. Pan fry or put on a grill pan. Stick in a nice cloud soft bread bap with some salad and mayo. Yum.
Healthy and deelish!
- Following Mr Cockerel around to snap his pic. Quite a photogenic little chap isn't he? He'd strayed out of his field and on to the park where my boys were hanging out.
- Enjoying my perry (pear cider) reward for weeding the garden and finally getting it ready for planting. That was blooming hard work believe me!
Pear cider - cheers!
- And after the weeding comes the planting. The sugar snap peas are in! These are planted for the sole purpose of the boys picking them and eating them fresh from the pods and not for the Grumps dinner which he moans about. And those huge leaves belong to the whacking great rhubarb plant behind it. I live in The Rhubarb Triangle - shame I'm not keen on the stuff.
Rhubarb & peas.
- And last but not least ..... standing in and around bushes trying to take artistic shots of my feet. These are my Kooples slipper shoes which I got a little while back but have only just started coming out to play as the weather has improved. The raspberry coloured trim on them makes them a little more cheery than if they had been full on khaki & grey. Even I need to do a little colour sometimes.
Now that's pattern matching for you!
So that's basically a quick little update on what is happening in my world at the moment. What's been happening in yours?
Last Note :
- Follow me on Instagram here.