All Worn Out

Tuesday 4 March 2014


Whoa - that was some weekend I had just there. I can't cut it these days - I'm usually found happily snuggled up on the sofa with a cup of Earl Grey (yup that's how I roll) and a laptop on my knee and instead I went out two nights in a row partaking of alcoholic beverages in London. Phew. I'm all worn out ... speaking of which .... 

.... can I introduce you to some of the Allwornout girls?

Gina, Ann, Belinda, Eve


For those of you who know the Allwornout girls, you will know the majority of them blog anonymously, So no grand exposé from me then for those who are a little curious. Blogging is a weird thing - I started out keeping my face out of it totally and honestly it was so much easier. Sometimes I wish I'd stayed that way but I know that people like to put a face to the voice so I pop my face up now and then again like the proverbial Jack in the Box. Anyway, I had a lovely evening meeting up with  the girls on Friday along with Joanna from Poppys Style who had flown over from Atlanta. We both felt very priviliged to be allowed in to their inner sanctum. 

Saturday started off with meeting the lovely Marlene from Chocolate Cookies and Candies as I was dragged (just joking) around some lovely quieter parts of London - away from the hustle and bustle of Oxford Street.






And then to meet with some more lovely blogging ladies which some of you may or may not be familiar with - Avril, Helen, Kat, Natalie, Fiona and Joanna. We met last year and this year there were a few new additons - lovely to meet you Michelle, Frances and Donna! Marlene was our very own Ella von Unwerth for the day and was kind enough to take our photos - not many of us ever get the opportunity to have a photo taken of us which is not done via a tripod and a timer, a mirror or a spare child so this was a wonderful experience for us all. Marlene barked orders and papped away like a pro. Thank you Marlene. Your patience is endless as were all our neuroses.

Marlene with her big camera


Lots of Prosecco was consumed - apparently it's good for not giving you hangovers, lots of gossip was exchanged and a lovely time was had by all. And then Marlene and I had to say our farewells and move on to the next little bloggy meet with the lovely Amanda from Assembled Hazardly and TK (formerly Dead Fleurette) who both happened to be in London that day! The funniest thing was Marlene pre-checking the table for good lighting so we could get the best Instagram food shots and there was much chuckling as we photographed our food to death before we ate it. Come on - admit it - you all do it these days! There are more shots of the evening here.

Noodles at Cocoro


The morning was meant to be spent at Columbia Road Flower market but instead, Marlene and I thought it would be more fun to properly catch up with Avril over a late breakfast before she boarded a plane back to Ireland. It was the perfect relaxed ending to a fabulous weekend.

Avril & I



And home for me too to my boys. I have to admit, I came over all emotional as they met me off my train.

It's good to go away .... but it's good to come home.

---------------------------

Last Note :

  • Thank you to Fiona for making the arrangements for the Saturday meet up.
  • Thank you Marlene for organising our hotel and our meet up with Amanda and TK.
  • Thank you all for my surprise birthday pudding! I was genuinely surprised! I even looked around to see whose birthday it was!
  • Thank you Helen for my Earl Grey tea which I forgot and I believe Kat is now consuming on my behalf.
  • Thank you for all the people who put me in the right direction, the right taxi and so on, so I wouldn't get lost.
  • Thank you all for reading my little blog. 
  • Thank you, thank you and once again I thank you. (Can you tell I've been watching the Oscars?).



36 comments

  1. What a week-end! Lovely photos and great to see you again. I agree, it's great to get away from the little rascals for a mini break but so nice to see their faces again. Loving the black and white photos x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie - it was lovely to catch up with you again. It was such a whirlwind and it all went so fast. But yes, it was lovely to get back home - I like Smallsville.

      Delete
  2. Loving the black and white photos, all my photos I display at home are B&W. Sounds like you all had a wonderful time, it's good to get away from home life but as you say great to get back, the break does you good I always say. I love your outfit that you are wearing for breakfast with Avril, loving the uniqlo jacket under the coat and the NB's. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason, I just liked the pictures in black and white this time - it seemed to fit with the post. And I have to say, I was really grateful for that little Uniqlo jacket - it did good this weekend!

      Delete
  3. It was my absolute pleasure to have organised (urm a quick phone call!) and I thoroughly enjoyed my day. Next year we must do a shifty around the table so we all get to talk to everyone!

    Fiona
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. You know I still haven't managed more than 2 sentences with you in person yet? And it was the same with Avril till I managed to catch up with her the next morning. Yes, we'll have to bring a timer with us next time and set it to go off regularly to remind us all to move around. Bonkers but maybe necessary.

      Delete
  4. Wow Sue, you take an absolutely gorgeous picture too! Love these black & white shots!

    It is always an absolute pleasure to read your blog so you deserve a big THANK YOU! :0) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle - it was lovely to meet you and you are truly lovely in real life. We must arrange another meet up where I can catch up with you and sit down and talk properly. I feel like I missed out :o(

      Delete
  5. Those noodles at Cocoro look good. And oysters! You had a nice foodie weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't not have a foodie weekend if you're with Marlene. I didn't actually have any of the oysters - err they're really not my bag. I've tried them and they don't slip down like people say. Not for me anyway.

      Delete
  6. Love your oscars round up Sue, made me laugh. I agree with Fiona, we need to play musical chairs next year. Hope you had a lovely birthday xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suddenly realised there were a lot of thank you's there and then it dawned on me that I kept seeing the Oscars being covered off on the news. So susceptible to all influences!

      It was lovely to meet you Donna - and yep you know your colours but I'm still on the fence with the pink top! It still scares me!

      Delete
  7. Hi my dear!! Sounds like you had a blast this weekend and met up with lots of fabulous ladies too, wishing you belated birthday wishes and love all the pictures!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon. I had a lovely weekend - very full on but still thoroughly enjoyable. Blogging is amazing in the way it links you with so many likeminded people.

      Delete
  8. this all looks so much fun! i wish i was more practive in meeting bloggers around me, haha, such a hermit. and lovely photos from marlene of course ;) hope you had a lovely birthday sue x

    steph / absolutely-fuzzy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephaniee, it was but so exhausting! I'm no spring chicken these days and I'm not joking when I say I can't hack it. But I have to admit to gabbing away with Marlene till the early hours on the Saturday night so that might explain the tiredness. And I love the last photo that she took - she somehow manages to get it just right.

      Delete
  9. Sounds like you had an awesome weekend, can't believe u managed to fit in so many meet -ups! Looking forward to the next one, as I'm not missing it again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd better make the next one - you've missed two. We'll be thinking you don't like us :o)

      Delete
  10. The photos are so lovely! Every Mama needs a weekend like that from time to time but it is lovely getting back to your babies! I hope to make the next one & join in on all the fun! Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lets hope you can make it next year Andrea. You'll love meeting the girls.

      Delete
  11. Your'e not so slack on the photography front yourself Sue. I am with you, on being a home bird, but it is great to get out and let your' hair down once in a while. I hope I can join you next time. H xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen. I'm learning all the time with the camera but I'm still too lazy to download the manual off the internet and only know how to use it on 2 settings which is one more than on my old camera.

      I hope you can join us next time too!

      Delete
  12. Super gorgeous picture of you with Avril - please can I have Marlene as my blog photographer instead of my blinking husband who is HOPELESS. Blog photography leads to no end of problems in our household!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every one needs a Marlene for a photographer. And your hubs sounds like my hubs about the whole photography thing. It's been a while since I last asked - I can't be doing with the eye rolling!

      Delete
  13. What a fab weekend, Sue! Looks like you had a ball! Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fab weekend Lynne. I thoroughly enjoyed it but it all went so fast. I barely remember chatting with anyone! It's looking to be annual thing - good thing - I can't take the pace.

      Delete
  14. Such a fun weekend .. but you're right about needing to move around the table more. I think last year worked better when we were in the bar as it lent itself more to people swopping places. Great to see you again ... shame you forgot your tea, but apparently it helped Kat's hangover the next day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed that we needed to move round more - I don't think I really got chance to sit down and talk to you at all did I? Sorry about the tea - I remembered later that evening but figured you girls would have left by then ... oh how wrong I was.

      Delete
  15. Lovely pictures Sue, sounds like you had a fab time x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharron. You really must come next time. We really missed you :o(

      Delete
  16. Wasn't it fantastic!!? Only coming out of the haze now...love you babe. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Joanna. It all went so fast. Same time, same place next year?

      Delete
  17. Wow, that sounded like one truly memorable and amazing weekend! The photo's are so professional.......it's like the "Hello Magazine" of the blogging world!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it was a fabulous weekend! I thoroughly enjoyed it but I was so tired at the end of it. I can't take the pace these days! And thank you about the photos. I'm learning and trying.

      Delete
  18. Lovely post Sue. And all f the photos are gorgeous! Xxx love Liz xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz - such a shame you couldn't catch us that day but it looks like you had a pretty terrific day at the Fever photoshoot yourself. You looked amazing in that!

      Delete

Susie So So