Whoa - that was some weekend I had just there. I can't cut it these days - I'm usually found happily snuggled up on the sofa with a cup of Earl Grey (yup that's how I roll) and a laptop on my knee and instead I went out two nights in a row partaking of alcoholic beverages in London. Phew. I'm all worn out ... speaking of which ....
.... can I introduce you to some of the Allwornout girls?
Gina, Ann, Belinda, Eve
For those of you who know the Allwornout girls, you will know the majority of them blog anonymously, So no grand exposé from me then for those who are a little curious. Blogging is a weird thing - I started out keeping my face out of it totally and honestly it was so much easier. Sometimes I wish I'd stayed that way but I know that people like to put a face to the voice so I pop my face up now and then again like the proverbial Jack in the Box. Anyway, I had a lovely evening meeting up with the girls on Friday along with Joanna from Poppys Style who had flown over from Atlanta. We both felt very priviliged to be allowed in to their inner sanctum.
Saturday started off with meeting the lovely Marlene from Chocolate Cookies and Candies as I was dragged (just joking) around some lovely quieter parts of London - away from the hustle and bustle of Oxford Street.
Marlene with her big camera
Lots of Prosecco was consumed - apparently it's good for not giving you hangovers, lots of gossip was exchanged and a lovely time was had by all. And then Marlene and I had to say our farewells and move on to the next little bloggy meet with the lovely Amanda from Assembled Hazardly and TK (formerly Dead Fleurette) who both happened to be in London that day! The funniest thing was Marlene pre-checking the table for good lighting so we could get the best Instagram food shots and there was much chuckling as we photographed our food to death before we ate it. Come on - admit it - you all do it these days! There are more shots of the evening here.
Noodles at Cocoro
The morning was meant to be spent at Columbia Road Flower market but instead, Marlene and I thought it would be more fun to properly catch up with Avril over a late breakfast before she boarded a plane back to Ireland. It was the perfect relaxed ending to a fabulous weekend.
Avril & I
Picture Credit : Marlene of Chocolate Cookies & Candies
And home for me too to my boys. I have to admit, I came over all emotional as they met me off my train.
It's good to go away .... but it's good to come home.
Last Note :
- Thank you to Fiona for making the arrangements for the Saturday meet up.
- Thank you Marlene for organising our hotel and our meet up with Amanda and TK.
- Thank you all for my surprise birthday pudding! I was genuinely surprised! I even looked around to see whose birthday it was!
- Thank you Helen for my Earl Grey tea which I forgot and I believe Kat is now consuming on my behalf.
- Thank you for all the people who put me in the right direction, the right taxi and so on, so I wouldn't get lost.
- Thank you all for reading my little blog.
- Thank you, thank you and once again I thank you. (Can you tell I've been watching the Oscars?).